Electus Recruitment has been awarded a Cyber Essentials Certification. This means we are now protected against common cyber threats, we can bid for Government contracts and most importantly, it shows our clients and candidates that we take cyber security seriously and that our data is tightly secure.
The Cyber Essentials scheme addresses the most common Internet-based threats to cyber security — particularly, attacks that use widely available tools and demand little skill. The scheme considers these threats to be:
- hacking — exploiting known vulnerabilities in Internet-connected devices, using widely available tools and techniques
- phishing — and other ways of tricking users into installing or executing a malicious application
- password guessing — manual or automated attempts to log on from the Internet, by guessing passwords
The Cyber Essentials scheme helps organisations to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data stored on devices which connect to the Internet. Such as:
- desktop and laptop PCs
- tablets and smartphones
- all types of server and networking equipment
Certification involves a simple, three step process so there’s little reason companies shouldn’t be getting it especially to protect themselves in this volatile environment:
- Select a Certification Body through choosing one of the Accreditation Bodies.
- Verify that your IT is suitably secure and meets the standards set by Cyber Essentials - your Certification Body can help with this.
- Complete the questionnaire - your Certification Body will provide this and verify your answers. Once you’ve passed, you will be awarded your Cyber Essentials certificate.