Our client is a small but established IT support company working with clients across the Bournemouth and wider Dorset community. They are looking for a customer facing 1st line / 2nd line support for IT Helpdesk Engineer to join the team. This role is office based and the candidate will need to be happy to work in a small team environment.
You will get the opportunity to support a wide range of different businesses and exposure to lots of different technical challenges.
Your Duties: -
- 1st line / 2nd line support for IT Helpdesk - Giving support to client via Telephone, Remote or on-site visits. Use of Teamviewer Software for remote access.
- Using Autotask Helpdesk System for logging, updating and closing of Helpdesk tickets.
- Monitoring of backups for clients and liaising with them to ensure backups run successfully.
- Configuration and Installation of Hardware and Software, both remotely to client site and on-site (e.g. deploy new PC). Including configuration of Office 365 and Active Directory users where applicable.
- Preparing Quotes for clients - Hardware, Software and Services; in conjunction with Technical Specialist and Senior Technical Specialist.
There can be some elements of out-of-hours working (overtime). As agreed with Senior Technical Specialist when required.
Skills required: -
Knowledge and experience in some for the following would be beneficial:
PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Servers, network kit (Routers, Switches, VPN), NAS, backup devices (Tape, RDX, etc.). Knowledge of cabling is also helpful (e.g. wiring CAT5/6 cables, sockets).
Experience in Microsoft Windows Products (at least 3 years): -
- Office 365 - Administration and deployment.
- Windows Server (2012 onwards).
- VMWare Vsphere.
- Desktop OS (Windows 7, 8, 10).
- Office (2013, 2016 and Office 365).
- Max OSX (El Capitan onwards).
- Backup software (Backup Exec).
- Anti-Virus - (training can be given on this via ESET).
- Encryption - (training can be given on this via ESET).
- Sage installation (training can be given).
Broadband (ADSL, FTTC).
Voice-over-IP (training can be given).
Use of own car for visits to clients, and clean driving licence - mileage paid at standard mileage rates.
Salary - Starting at £24,000 - raising to £26,000 based on performance.
Holiday - 20 + Bhol (and Christmas - Target closed, technician on-call).
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.