Application Engineer UI
|Job Title:||Application Engineer UI|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 16:59|
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of GNSS navigation systems, based North of Oxford, they are looking to recruit an Application Engineer with a strong UI development focus to sit within the Application Engineering Team in the R&D Department. You will Gain a deep understanding of the full user experience of the products across a variety of use cases.
1) Investigate requests for the development of solutions to meet customer applications, originating from customers or internally from Product Management. Undertake investigative / feasibility work to develop solutions. Plan and cost projects; provide information to Sales for quotation.
2) Develop application solutions through developing new hardware and software, configuring products, and integrating 3rd party products. Test and maintain hardware and software, including release process, version control, and bug management. Write and maintain documentation for designs to describe functionality, use and reasons for design decisions.
3) Perform acceptance testing of application solutions to verify correct operation, prior to release to the market. Resolve any issues found before providing to customers.
4) Manage projects and work as a team member on projects; plan, track and manage development tasks. Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives. Work collaboratively with people inside and outside of the business, and coordinate other departments involved (such as R&D) to successfully achieve outcomes and results.
5) Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles. Write, issue and update hardware and software documentation; adhere to coding standards when developing software. Maintain traceability, update documentation, use version control for all document changes.
6) Provide expert help for the Support team to help address customer problems with the use of solutions developed by Application Engineering.
7) Capture and communicate ideas and technical information on solutions, their performance and application, verbally and in written technical documentation, and provide internally (Marketing, Sales) and externally to customers and Representatives. Write technical articles and application notes for customers and for publication. Support promotion of the business application engineering capability at industry exhibitions.
8) Manage customer relationship for application engineering projects:
oA portfolio (of shipped software products) either online or as a document
oUsed the AGILE approach in their development projects.
oA deep understanding of UX/UI design process and has worked on design implementation.
oPrior experience of working in a multidisciplinary environment, collaborating across departments to create well designed user experiences
oPrevious experience leading the user experience design of shipped software products.
oExperience in a popular GUI framework (e.g. React, Swift UI, Qt, GTK+ etc.)
oWorking with UX developers in an agile way, creating prototypes
Key Words: UI/UX, Agile, Software, C#, XML, .NET, GUI
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Bicester, Upper Heyford
Salary: to £DOE + Bonus and Benefits
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £50000 per annum
£50 - £55 per hour
Product Safety Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Bens
Electronics Design Engineer
Bolton, Greater Manchester
Senior Systems Development Engineer