Application Engineering Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Application Engineering Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Neil Tovey|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2021 09:04|
You will have the opportunity to work for a company passionate about inertial navigation and GNSS and how they can help their customers through integration of their technology. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires an Application Engineering Systems Engineer to deliver innovative solutions for our customers via system integration. The role is responsible for leading all technical aspects of engineering projects including assessing customer requirements, developing customer hardware and software solutions, supporting customers, and writing technical documentation. The role requires a strong system level understanding of the functionality and use of the company's products and how to adapt them for new applications. The role will include;
* Use system analysis tools (UML, Data Flow, FMEA, etc.) to analyse customer needs, system requirements, capability, and cost to determine project feasibility. Produce and present work package documents and quotation proposals.
* Lead the identification of technical enablers and deliver the proof of concept prototypes as required by our customers.
* Lead the integration of complex systems containing electronic, mechanical and software sub- systems.
* Lead the development of the system validation plans and ensure our solutions meet the design specifications and requirements.
* Ensure technical solutions are developed based on a clear understanding of both the product and its relationship with the user.
* Chair and coordinate technical design reviews. Act as the System Design Authority and make sure we have appropriate reviews (concept, detailed design and final design reviews) and documentation to support our development life cycle.
* Provide expert help for the Support team to help address customer problems with the use of solutions developed by Application Engineering.
* Assist the Application Engineering Manager to develop and implement the quality assurance and regulatory compliance procedures.
* Manage multiple concurrent projects and work as a team member on projects; plan, track and manage development tasks. Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives.
* Assist the Application Engineering Manager to coach and mentor staff in AE and work collaboratively with people inside and outside the AE team to successfully achieve outcomes and results.
* Lead in the preparation of customer visits and meetings.
* Manage customer relationship for application engineering projects
As an Application Engineering Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Systems Design - designing systems and competent using system analysis tools (UML, Data Flow, FMEA, etc.) to analyse customer needs, system requirements, capability, and cost to determine project feasibility.
* Able to lead the integration of complex systems and development of system validation plans.
* Electronics and Firmware - A good knowledge of product design from feasibility to production, including digital and analogue circuits, microprocessor circuits, PCB design and real time embedded software.
* A good knowledge of C and C++ programming languages, WPF and XAML. Able to lead the development of Software applications and GUI covering the full software life cycle.
* A good knowledge of mechanical design for products, including frames and housings, and for product testing equipment.
* An expert knowledge of design for manufacture and product approval processes.
* Experience of writing technical documentation from non-technical customer input.
* Degree qualification in suitable discipline electronics or equivalent experience.
It would also be beneficial if you had;
* Understanding of navigation concepts such as kinematic equations and hardware components used in navigation, such as IMUs and GPS/GNSS.
* Knowledge of FPGA design and Hardware Description Languages (VHDL or Verilog) is useful
Application Engineering Systems Engineer
Up to £45,000 - £50,000
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Design, Requirements, DOORS, Systems Architecture, Systems Design, Systems Validation, electronic, mechanical, software.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Systems Engineering Consultant
£45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Systems Engineering Consultant
£25000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£50 - £55 per hour
RF Systems Engineer
£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum