Application Support and Development Analyst
|Job Title:||Application Support and Development Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2019 17:50|
Our client a leading developer of IT Services, developing real world application solutions is looking to recruit an Application Support and Development Analyst to work on new and exciting projects with the defence division. You will have excellent technical skills as well as having an ability to be customer facing. You will also have strong knowledge of application development principles.
This Is an opportunity to work for a leading technology organisation serving a huge range of customers using a wide range of technologies.
2nd and 3rd line application support for customer applications, delivered within agreed service levels
* Development work resulting from customer changes requests
* Liaison with the service delivery and project teams to provide application fixes and workarounds, data fixes
* Communication with the customer helping them to understand complex technical issues
* System build and release management and support
* Support for database and application upgrades on externally hosted environments
* Reporting of software issues to relevant third parties e.g. IBM, Oracle etc.
* Be available for occasional scheduled out of hours weekend and evening work
* Experience providing 2nd and 3rd line technical support
* Strong VB.NET
* Strong SQL Server 2012 or later experience including Reporting Services
* Experience of web services, SOAP/XML
* Experience of build management and release processes
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux
* Knowledge of SQL & Powershell scripting
* Knowledge of Cloud Computing
Please note you must be prepared to travel to customer sites.
Key skills - VB.NET, SQL, Application Support, Powershell, Cloud
Salary - Competitive - + bens
Location - Wiltshire, Swindon, Chippenham,
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Application Software Engineer
Bonus + pension
Technical Support Engineer Software
£18000 - £30000 per annum
£30000 - £60000 per annum + Bens
Mechanical Consultant - Product Development
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bens