Assistant Project Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Project Manager|
|Salary:||£28 - £30 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2021 09:58|
Our client in Stevenage is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join them for a 6 month contract. This role requires SC clearance and will fall inside IR35.
The ideal candidate will come with a background in aerospace or defence.
· Provide support to the Project Production Managers and Manufacturing Management Team to define, plan, direct and deliver the manufacturing projects/contracts against business plan targets through rigorous cost control and schedule adherence.
· Manage stakeholder interfaces including internal customers and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance.
· Planning, facilitating and providing support to the success of large scale contracts throughout the product life cycle.
· Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors.
· Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance and interpreting requirements back to manufacturing.
· Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
· Communicating consolidated project/programme requirements to a multi-disciplined team to safeguard deliveries.
· Playing a key role in tendering/bidding activities associated with the successful acquisition of future business.
Skills and Experience
· Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation.
· Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
· A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
· Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions.
· Experience in the application of Project Management skills at assistant level in a relevant business environment. ESD training.
Keywords: project assistant, junior project manager, project management, aerospace, defence Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's