|Job Title:||Business Analyst|
|Salary:||£500 - £520 per day|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2021 15:36|
Our client is looking for two Business Analysts to join their team for short term contracts. These will be remote roles.
The Business Analyst plays a key role in defining, building, and implementing our ambitious roadmap of business and digital transformation, focusing on operational and regulatory effectiveness and efficiency whilst improving the user experience.
Role 1 (12 weeks) - This role will lead on a Discovery piece to explore a digital solution for how they manage assets across our science division. Activities will include but will not be limited to:
· Capturing and prioritising business and user requirements (functional & non-functional)
· Exploring and capturing 3rd party / system requirements (such as other systems that may interlink with this requirement)
· Undertake soft market testing
Role 2 (8 weeks) - This role will work with colleagues from the internal IT division on creating and sharing a clear user needs assessment outlining IT user needs across our Science Division. This will include but not limited to:
· Undertaking user feedback sessions [e.g. questionnaires, interviews, focus groups & team meetings]
· Collating findings from user feedback and grouping by appropriate theme [e.g. by common need, driver, teams, etc]
· High-level prioritisation of user needs linked MOSCOW [must have, should have, could have, will not have]
· High-level overview of timelines identifying quick wins and longer-term areas to consider
· Clear rationale as to why additional tech capability may be required
· Based on the above a gap analysis will be completed and shared highlighting current capability vs. required capability
· Lead on setting up and delivering user feedback sessions across their teams [e.g. team meetings, 1:1 feedback session]
· Lead on defining, capturing, and prioritising user requirements (functional & non-functional) and commence high-level as-is business process mapping
· Lead on capturing and prioritising partner requirements including how 3rd parties would use our system and how we would be required to integrate with other 3rd party systems (project 1 only)
· Lead on having exploratory conversations to gather market insight and understand capability and options available across the industry. Use these insights to refine final requirements (project 1 only)
· Build and manage productive and effective relationships with senior stakeholders across the Change Team, Science Division, IT and through soft market testing.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Experience of leading on user feedback / requirements gathering sessions (project 2)
· Experience of leading on user feedback / requirements gathering sessions for a technical / IT related solution (project 1)
· Proven track record of requirements elicitation and creating user stories
· Experience of prioritisation including methodology such as MOSCOW
· Structured approach and analytical thinking, with the ability to translate data and insights into improved processes and workflows
· Experience of writing summary reports / presentations
· Experience of process mapping and using tools such as Visio
· Good understanding of the technology landscape, including new and emerging technologies that will influence future business design (project 1 only)
Duration: 8 weeks and 12 weeks
Keywords: business analyst, public sector, business process mapping, Visio, workflows, MOSCOW, user stories, user feedback, technology landscape, emerging technology
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a contract role Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.