Business Case Manager
|Job Title:||Business Case Manager|
|Salary:||£630 - £660 per day|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2021 10:04|
Our client is looking for a Business Case Manager to join them for a 3-month contract. This will be a remote role.
The Business Case Manager will play a key role in leading the development of the HMT complaint Professional Services Business Case, to support the programme in securing funding.
The Business Case Manager is responsible for coordinating with leaders and subject matter experts across the organisation to collate relevant inputs, providing coaching as to the required information and on how to develop the business case, and for authoring the document and achieving approval through internal governance routes.
This role requires the interpersonal skills to establish professional credibility quickly, and the energy and drive to deliver collaborative change.
· Lead and coordinate the development of the Professional Services Business Case, demonstrating commercial understanding and Cabinet Office controls.
· Provide leadership, advice and guidance to the project delivery team and senior leaders regarding the development of the Professional Services Business Case.
· Engage and support a team of people to ensure the rigorous planning, development and drafting of the Professional Services Business Case, to tight deadlines including establishing work priorities
· Ensure that the PSBC is prepared in conjunction with finance and procurement teams so that they are financially and commercially robust and are approved without delay.
· Draft edit and review of sections of the business case to ensure a consistent narrative throughout.
· Plan the assurance and approvals route for the business case approval, liaising with the appropriate project/programme and divisional leads
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Experience of writing and/or managing the drafting of business cases, including Professional Services Business Case.
· Experience of applying HM Treasury Green Book guidance
· Clear understanding of Cabinet Office controls regarding PSBCs
· Stakeholder relationship management - ability to identify important stakeholders, tailoring communication to their needs, and work with teams to build relationships, with the ability to take opposing views to reach consensus.
· A team player, with good collaboration and influencing skills, with experience working within a complex organisation and with challenging stakeholders
· APMG Better Business Cases Practitioner
· Project or Programme Management qualification - PRINCE2, Managing Successful
· Programmes (MSP), APM etc.
· Experience in procurement, financial planning and/or investment appraisal background
· Proven experience of operating in a project and programme environment and full understanding of what's involved in project delivery.
Duration: 3 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: business case, professional service business case, HM treasury green book, cabinet office controls, public sector
This is a contract role
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's