Business Development Consultant - Software Services
|Job Title:||Business Development Consultant - Software Services|
|Contact Name:||Aleysha Armstrong|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 13:00|
You will be responsible for developing a market strategy which identifies trends and user needs, and maps capabilities, to help develop the thought leadership position in the market and secure contracts. Critical to the role is the ability to identifying opportunities, either direct to the end customer or collaborating with industry partners, to win new business.
Identify potential markets and customers in line with the division and unit business strategy.
Build relationships with key stakeholders to generate new opportunities.
Work creatively with customers, prospects and engineering teams, to identify propositions that will meet prospects' needs.
Take a lead role on bid teams, during contract negotiations and closing sales.
Ensure a smooth handover to the Account / Operations Manager at an appropriate time or to take on that responsibility as required for designated clients.
In conjunction with other members of the sector team, to contribute to the development of the sector sales strategy and plans and assist in the preparation of annual business forecasts.
Provide accurate sales forecasts of contract values and close dates.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
* Proven track record in professional software services sales from first contact through to closure.
* Knowledge and experience of operating in the UK defence and security market, ideally with exposure to DSTL.
* A good understanding of application development, integration services and consultancy.
* The ability to build up an in-depth knowledge of the technical capabilities, operations, procedures and customer base.
* A strong understanding of the market, partners and competitors.
* Commercial awareness and entrepreneurial flair to spot opportunities and devise a playbook to win.
* A 'growth' mind-set and commitment to achieving targets.
* Excellent planning, organisational skills and focus.
* High level of written and verbal communication skills - produces and delivers appropriate well-structured presentations and proposals.
* Ability to work on own initiative whilst playing an active role as a member of the business team.
Business Development Consultant
Salary ££ competitive + bens
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criterion will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. This is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's