Business Development Lead - Defence Training
|Job Title:||Business Development Lead - Defence Training|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Aleysha Armstrong|
|Job Published:||December 06, 2018 15:07|
* Develop training business in UK defence and security sectors, primarily but not exclusively in the Land and Maritime domains, to drive a strong future pipeline of work, growing sustainable revenue and profits
* Manage the training contribution to the research and business planning process to ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business sales (client, competition and market)
* Meet or exceed agreed order intake, turnover and profit, as well as return on business development investment activity
* Reinforce long-term client relationships spanning multiple service offerings
* Generate short-term results while maintaining a long-term perspective to maximise overall revenue generation
* Contribute as a member of the Training Business Unit management team, building and sustaining strong client relationships and work streams
* Maintain an overview of planned project resourcing activity to ensure that client expectations can be suitably managed and balanced with the company's own need for resourcing flexibility
* Maintain oversight of project delivery activity and quality ensure client expectations are suitably managed
You will have the following knowledge/experience:
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive background in the Defence Systems Approach to Training with experience delivering highly complex, training and educational transformational change. Technically qualified and current, you will have a deep understanding of tri-Service training, and a proven track record of analysing, designing, delivering and assuring training and education systems and interventions. Importantly you will be able to demonstrate the wherewithal, drive, self-confidence and talent for business development and consultancy/professional services, potentially breaking away from the more technical role you may be in now.
You will also:
* Have 5 to 10 years of Defence Systems Approach to Training related experience at an appropriate managerial or technical level (Training Manager, Learning Development Advisor, Personnel Training Officer or as an experienced Training Analyst)
* Have outstanding interpersonal skills with a high degree of commercial awareness.
* Have an existing network of senior contacts and leading industry players to further influence and expand
* Have the clarity of thought, able to formulate winning strategies, spotting and developing competitive advantages for the company
* Have the ability to develop convincing relationships with senior stakeholders
* Have the personal drive and appetite to grow a successful business further, able to achieve stretch targets and business development goals
* Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of knowledge of the Defence Systems Approach to Training, technology enhanced blended learning and contemporary adult learning techniques
* Be able to demonstrate the fundamentals of business development processes and opportunities in the defence and security sectors
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to several high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Services advertised by Electus Recruitment Solutions are those of an Agency (perm)
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's