Business Development Manager
|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||September 01, 2021 09:39|
Our client in Bristol is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This exciting opportunity offers career enhancement within a company that is at the forefront of the engineering industry.
· As an Account Manager, you will be fundamental to our ability to create innovative, high-value solutions that meet our clients' business needs and high expectations. Your drive, business acumen and market knowledge will inform your ability to identify and pursue opportunities for the business in the Nuclear sector in the UK.
· Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken, you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible, 'can-do' attitude in meeting your targets. You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment, communicating clearly and efficiently at varying levels within customer organisations and internally.
· You will be a leader - a strong and confident team player, with demonstrable experience of selling services into the engineering sector at a business level. You will have worked in a multi-national corporation, where international co-operation is expected. You will be familiar with and committed to usage of industry-standard CRM systems, having successfully delivered results in a target-driven environment carrying expectation of over £2M in turnover in your first year.
· You are a winner - your sales experience will include either management of a Key Account, perhaps transnationally, with skills in the associated disciplines, or in building and managing technical teams of up to 20 staff to meet clients' forecast demands, with clear understanding of sales processes and delivery management associated with complex, frameworks. In either case, you will have demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed demanding targets.
· You will have a good knowledge of the current and projected UK Nuclear new build programmes, with evidence of a relevant stakeholder network in EDF/Edvance. You will understand the engineering and innovation challenges inherent in delivering safe, efficient and reliable solutions to the industry.
· Hitting your targets for sales and profitability of the business in the Nuclear Sector in the UK, with a specific focus on specific frameworks associated with Nuclear New Build engineering.
· Influencing and networking with clients to build relationships at senior levels, identifying priority business needs and building a projected forecast of demand.
· Taking responsibility for analysing and forecasting new business and revenues in relation to the assigned territory, creating initiatives and promotions that support both the long-term client relationship as well as achieving the in-year financial objectives
· Leading the sales activity by example within the assigned frameworks by overseeing the appropriate use of processes and tools, working with senior members of the delivery organisation to ensure a successful project launch and deployment
· Weekly reporting of pipeline development and progress, and support to global framework KPI reporting associated with assigned territory.
· Educated to degree level
· Experience in the Nuclear engineering sector, either in UK or France.
· Sales experience will include either management of a Key Account, in particular in growing business through framework positions and leading the development of the required delivery team, typically volume in excess of £1M, with clear understanding of the sales process associated with frameworks and the performance management of staff.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and team working skills
· Ability to translate business needs into potential solutions, leading the internal and external sales process from start to finish
· Ability to understand the long-term ('big picture') and short-term perspectives of situations, to define an end-to-end strategy from need identification to successful completion of a project
· Ability to estimate the financial impact of an opportunity, both with the client and internally
· Ability to handle client contract negotiations
· Excellent presentation skills, well organised and credible at a senior level
· The successful candidate will be capable of achieving BPSS clearance.
· Working knowledge and appreciation of EPR engineering.
Salary: 40-45k plus bonus
Keywords: business development, account manager, nuclear, nuclear new build, engineering, key account manager, EPR engineering Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.