Job descriptionAs a result of continuing strong growth, our client is looking for a Business Manager to join their transport team and help them establish a broader position in the Highways and Future Mobility sector.
You will be responsible for building their customer portfolio with the UK government and regulator, infrastructure owners and operators, and technology developers, helping to address challenges including Net Zero, improving safety and security, making better use of technology, and enabling the introduction of autonomous systems.
The successful candidate will:
· Contribute to the strategy of the overall transport and industry business and develop the strategic (5 year) plan for the Highways and Future Mobility sector.
· Be responsible and accountable for developing and delivering the in-year sector plan, including leading the Business Development activities in the sector.
· Characterise the key market drivers and influence the development of our services towards the needs of these markets.
· Draw on your skills and network to develop and maintain high performing collaborative relationships with customers, delivery partners, suppliers and key sector stakeholders.
· Identify, characterise, influence and capture opportunities to deliver order targets.
· Develop and coordinate campaign plans to deliver quote, order and profitability targets.
· Work with technical teams and delivery partners to develop compelling proposals to win work.
· Support internal delivery and maintain excellent customer relations, quality, programmes, and profitability across a portfolio of projects.
Skills and Experience
· A background in the Highways and Future Mobility sector including either experience in, or demonstrable understanding of, a consultancy environment.
· Strong customer relationship management skills, an established set of contacts and a good reputation in the client community.
· An established track record of strategic thinking, business development, capture planning and delivery in a relevant environment.
· Ability to quickly grasp technical problems, understand our clients’ requirements, propose solutions, and turn them into winning proposals.
· Superb communication skills.
· Commercial awareness and the capability to provide guidance on bids and projects.
· Good leadership skills, with the ability to motivate individuals and teams across the business.
· Whilst the Highways and Future Mobility sector is the primary focus of the role, additional experience in other aspects of the UK transport market will be viewed favourably.
Location: UK wide
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: business manager, highways, future mobility, consultancy, transportation