Capability Manager - Naval Combat Systems
|Job Title:||Capability Manager - Naval Combat Systems|
|Contact Name:||Aleysha Armstrong|
|Job Published:||January 29, 2018 12:20|
You will be at the leading edge of technological innovation, responsible for the efficient manufacture of the next generation of high integrity electronic systems for the defence and maritime industries.
Read on for specifics on the role. To apply click the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page.
About the Role:
Our client requires an Engineering Capability Manager to assist in the development of a proposal for a Frigate Combat System Integration role, including development and supply of a Combat Management System. This role includes:
* Development of Request for Proposals for subsystems and their corresponding evaluation
* Contribution to the technical proposal
* Combat System Architecture Design
* Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Planning
* Combat System Security architecture design and accreditation planning (JSP440)
* Combat System Safety Management Planning
* Tender evaluation and integration / qualification planning of 2D and 3D Radars
* Tender evaluation and integration /qualification planning of Electronic Support Measures
* Integration / qualification planning of Link 11/16 Datalink
* Integration / qualification planning of HMS/VDS Sonar
* Integration / qualification planning of Anti Air Warfare system, including Point Defence Missile System (e.g. Sea Ceptor) and Close in Weapon System (e.g. Phalanx)
* Integration / qualification planning of Anti Surface Warfare system integration
* Integration / qualification of Integrated Communication System
* Integration / qualification of an Integrated Nav & Bridge System
To be suitable for the Capability Manager role, you will need to be, educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Engineering related discipline and have solid knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls. You will also need working knowledge / appreciation of software electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering and knowledge of Naval Combat Management Systems specifically design. You must have experience of writing proposals and be experienced in Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Planning. It would also help if you had experience of Tender evaluation and integration / qualification of one or more of the following:
* 2D and 3D Radars
* Electronic Support Measures
* Link 11/16
* HMS/VDS Sonar
* Anti Air Warfare system, including Point Defence Missile System (e.g. Sea Ceptor) and Close in Weapon System (e.g. Phalanx)
* Anti Surface Warfare (ASuW) system integration
* Integrated Communication System
* Integrated Nav & Bridge System (INBS)
Keywords: Combat System, Architecture, Integration, Qualification, Test, Evaluation, Acceptance, Technical proposal, Weapons System, Radar, Communication System.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a contract position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Navigation Systems Engineer
Power Systems Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
Principal Systems Engineer
Principal Systems Engineer (Tactical C4I network and bearers)
System and Modelling Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum