Our client is looking for a Commercial Officer to join them on a permanent basis. There is flexibility for this role to be based in Bristol, Aldershot or Cheltenham.
The ideal candidate will hold SC clearance or be eligible to obtain this (full British citizen).
The Commercial function provides advice on and analysis of commercial risks in the business, commercial sales and procurement guidance. The team commercially assess all bids and contracts, providing drafting and leading negotiations as required. They also create bespoke agreements for presales and sales activity, including all supply chain agreements.
Joining the current commercial team, the successful applicant will assist the team with a wide range of commercial tasks. Initially you will be responsible for drafting and checking a range of agreements including prime and subcontracts, NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements and back-to-back subcontracts. As you gain experience, you will become involved in all aspects of the work and will have the opportunity to take on increasingly challenging activities.
- Drafting and agreement of sales and procurement agreements.
- Analysis and negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
- Analysis and agreement of NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, JVs.
- Reviewing and approving proposals, prime and sub- contracts, ensuring adherence to company governance requirements and procedures.
- Providing commercial support to bid teams, including supporting the development of the commercial elements of tender responses and influencing early bid strategy.
- Commercial risk identification, mitigation and management.
- Providing commercial support throughout contract delivery.
- Input to approvals processes, attendance and input at bid and governance meetings.
- Training non-commercial staff in commercial and procurement issues.
- Development of commercial processes and procedures.
Essential criteria -
- A degree in law/business studies/engineering/science/technology or similar at an equivalent qualification level.
- Experience in sales and/or procurement commercial management, willing to work in both fields.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and draft contractual wording with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience of negotiating complex contract terms with suppliers and/or clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines under pressure.
- Willingness to undertake continued skills development with a view to taking on additional responsibilities and wider business role.
- Preferred Bristol based role; other locations considered.
Desirable criteria -
- Good grasp of contract law.
- Knowledge of contractual documents including NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, sub- and prime contracts used in a consulting environment.
- Knowledge of intellectual property rights and protection, including exploitation agreements, software licensing, reseller agreements.
- Knowledge of industry and government contracts including but not limited to CCS, aerospace, defence and MOD.
- Knowledge of ITAR desirable.
- You will be well organized, commercially minded, enthusiastic and keen to learn, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Location: Bristol, Aldershot or Cheltenham
SC clearance or eligible to obtain
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
This is a permanent role.
Keywords: commercial officer, contracts, contracting, defence, law, drafting, negotiating, negotiation, MOD, NDA's, MOU, ITAR
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.