Communications Consultant (Mid and Principal Level)
|Job Title:||Communications Consultant (Mid and Principal Level)|
|Contact Name:||Anna Bonczchowska|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2019 17:02|
The company's Secure Comms and Network Group are renowned for providing high quality, independent technical advice to the MOD in support of many of their major procurement programmes. They are looking for dedicated people and experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets.
* You will lead, plan and structure your team's work, engage with relevant customer and stakeholders and report to the Project Manager on progress to ensure the requirements of work packages are delivered in the allocated timescales.
* The post holder will lead, or provide advice, on the design and development of communications systems across the communication spectrum.
* The ideal candidate is a chartered engineer holding an engineering or science degree, with more than ten years' experience of communications systems and architectures.
* Systems knowledge should include Line of Site, Beyond Line of Site, Mobile Technologies and management systems.
* Existing Technical knowledge of military systems and current satellite communication skills, with the ability to communicate concisely in written and verbal form at both an engineering level and with both senior management and their own team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Engage with customers and stakeholders to derive a programme scope and identifying key areas of technical activity for reducing programme risk.
* Assessing and integrating ideas and advice from other subject matter experts to provide balanced, independent and robust recommendations.
* Collaborate with other areas of the business to identify and drive forward opportunities in the area of communications
* Provide consultancy advice to relevant customers and stakeholders undertaking design and test activities to ensure that requirements are met.
* Undertake technical studies and coherent programmed of work to enable industry to define, de-risk and explore technical solutions and options.
* Conducting technical evaluations of industry proposals.
* Plan your team's work and report to Project Manager on progress.
* Lead technical reviews.
* Travel to military and vendor sites within the UK and potentially overseas.
Knowledge and skills required:
* Qualified to degree level in Engineering or Communication discipline.
* Able to lead teams of technical experts.
* Have sound knowledge of the engineering development life cycle, from requirements capture to user acceptance, along with the associated system engineering and system integration activities appropriate to communication systems.
* Be able to identify emergent issues and risks around architectural approaches and technology maturity and supply.
* To innovate pragmatic solutions within time pressured development and integration programmes.
* Existing knowledge of current satellite technology and systems is highly desirable.
* Experience of working on military programmes is desirable.
* The candidate will have analytical and communication skills, with the ability to communicate concisely in written and verbal form at both an engineering level and with senior management.
Salary: Competitive + benefits
The role will require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Principal / Senior Systems Engineer
New Malden, London
Principal Engineer (Design & Verification)
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£48000 - £50000.00 per annum
Senior & Principal GNSS Receiver Designers
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Verification and Validation Engineer
New Malden, London