|Job Title:||Communications Officer|
|Salary:||£220 - £250 per day|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2021 12:21|
Our client is looking for a Communications Officer to join their team for a 4-month contract. This will be a remote role with occasional travel to Bootle post covid.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated senior communicator who is enthusiastic about external communications to make a positive impact in citizens lives.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of delivering evidence-based strategic communications campaigns to agreed priorities, deploying resources and integrating all elements of activity.
· Develop and deliver SMART communications objectives and insight-led, evidenced based communications support of internal or external campaign priorities.
· Work with the team to identify and apply market research, customer insight and stakeholder intelligence to inform communications activity.
· Set targets, monitor performance and evaluate communication activity to demonstrate the impact of communications.
· Keep abreast of changing trends in; communication, channels, engagement techniques.
· Write creative briefs, test assets and optimise activity to improve performance of activity with target audiences, bringing innovation and creativity to delivery
· Constantly review plans to ensure activities reflect policy developments and the news agenda internally and externally.
· Advise on approaches to stakeholder engagement, risks and opportunities, including establishing trusted relationships with internal or external stakeholders
· Strong leadership skills, both within the team and more widely across the organisation, coaching and developing colleagues
· A passionate and energetic communicator with a proven track-record of developing, implementing and evaluating creative, impactful integrated communications campaigns.
· Able to work under pressure, managing competing priorities under changing and challenging deadlines.
· Robust influencing, negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to work constructively with internal and external partners.
· A strong track record of success in managing relationships around complex issues with the ability to translate these for different audiences.
· Skilled at seeing the bigger picture, identifying future opportunities and emerging issues which might impact or benefit our work and, understand complex and technical policy issues.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presenting your recommendations and proposals professionally and persuasively to key stakeholders.
· Demonstrate confidence in dealing with people at all levels and have the credibility to influence at a senior level.
· Of note - additional requirements for roles in the news team include experience of working in the media with ability to handle high profile and sensitive issues and will be required to participate in the out of hours, weekend and news desk rota as required.
Duration: 4 months
Remote with occasional travel to Bootle
Keywords: communications, communication campaigns, public sector, relationship management, external communications
This is a contract role.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.