Job descriptionYour technical expertise on AV products (ideally AV control products) and ability to explain technical issues and procedures over the phone in terms understandable for everyone will help you with troubleshooting and assisting customers in the installation and operation of a range of A/V control products as a Control Applications Engineer.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading manufacturer of professional AV system integration products including AV control systems, computer-video interfaces, switchers, matrix switchers, distribution amplifiers, audio amplifiers, speakers, twisted pair and fiber optic equipment, video scalers, AV signal processors, AV streaming products, classroom sound field systems, and high resolution cable. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Control Applications Engineer with an Electronic (AV) background and good communication skills. You'll be assisting customers throughout the installation process and working with the software, troubleshooting any possible anomalies both with the software itself, as with the communication and operation of the A/V hardware. Support will be by phone or email.
The control hardware and PC software is used to control A/V hardware products through a variety of methods, such as serial (RS232) or network (TCP/IP) interfaces using the Python programming language. These AV devices consists equipment like switchers, projectors, displays, lighting systems etc.
As a Control Applications Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Windows OS (servers, registry, dlls, accounts, etc), SQL;
- Good knowledge in the practical networking area (TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addresses subnet masks, routers, NAT, gateways);
- Good English language skills verbal and written;
- Good knowledge of Python 3;
- Basic knowledge of communication protocols like Rs232/Rs422/Infrared;
- Knowledge of A/V system integration and/or A/V control programming is preferred (AMX, Crestron).
- You can explain technical issues and procedures over the phone in terms understandable for everyone.
- You can methodically troubleshoot a complex system.
Control Applications Engineer
£40,000 - £45,000
Keywords: Application Engineer, AV, Audio visual, Applications Control, Technical support, Networks, Python, AV control.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent position.