Customer Success Engineer
|Job Title:||Customer Success Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum + full benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kathrine Gorman|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2021 16:37|
My client who is growing at scale in the Cyber Security sector, is looking for a Customer Success Engineer / Support Engineer to join their customer success team. We are looking for someone who is personable, able to build rapport with their clients and has technical support background (ideally within networking). You will need to confidently debug the clients' network and be able to handle the clients' challenges and feel relaxed whilst fixing them. This role will cover a range of support activities from 1st and 4th line but all levels of experience will be considered. This role would be perfect for a customer facing support engineer, that has worked for a product vendor, ideally with a knowledge of Internet Technologies and Cyber Security.
- Develop a detailed understanding of client's products.
- Articulate Technical concepts in simple terms.
- Prepare packages solutions for shipment to customers.
- Writing and editing of internal and externally focused technical documentation.
- Provide ongoing support to customers and help manage associated ticket queues.
- Provide onsite support to customers as required.
- Undertake root cause analysis on technical issues before working with the engineering team to plan a resolution.
- Engage with engineering teams to discuss product improvements and roadmap items from a functional, usability and performance perspective.
- Carry out detailed product testing of new product releases and features ensuring they work as expected and raise issues (with clear instruction on how to replicate) to the engineering team for investigation.
- Conceive and help create customer success material (documentation, training videos etc.)
- Be part of the 24x7 remote support rota
In addition, you may be asked to:
- Develop a detailed understanding of the cyber security market and cyber security best practices to provide consultancy to our customers.
- Engage with customer technical teams to help plan and support installation and deployment of technical appliances.
- Support Proof of Concepts and evaluations.
- Train customer teams to administer and support their deployment.
- Assist the sales and marketing team at UK and international industry events.
A strong understanding of computer networking; in particular:
- Internet technologies such as DNS, NTP, HTTPS, SSL certificates and cloud platforms.
- The supporting OSI stack - TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing and switching.
- Enterprise security infrastructure, e.g. proxy and firewall technology, syslog platforms.
- Technically literate, with strong enough English writing skills to lead on technical documentation intended for customer use.
- Security best practice.
- Practical experience implementing, integrating, and debugging networks.
- A general understanding of the current cyber threat landscape and the challenges faced by organizations in combatting these threats. This should include knowledge about solutions and technologies commonly used by organizations to defend against cyber-attacks.
- Experience working directly with end customers in a technical or consultative capacity.
Position - Customer Success Engineer - On site (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) rest remote.
Location - London
Salary -30k - 40k
Key Words: Cyber Security, Networking, 1st line/2nd line support, consulting, customer success, service desk
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role
Apply for this role if you have the above technical background and work well with building relationships with clients and helping the solve their challenges. If you do not have the technical background, then we are looking for someone who has customer facing experience and a willingness and passion to learn about Cyber Security.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's