Cyber Security Architect
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Architect|
|Salary:||Up to £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kathrine Gorman|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2021 11:27|
My client who is British multinational Consultancy and Architectural design company is looking for a Cyber Security Architect who will consultant with clients to identify the security resilience requirements needed to safeguard their organisations mission and Business Activities. If you have experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in multi-disciplined environments, please reach out or apply for this role.
- Consulting with clients to identify the security resilience requirements needed to safeguard their organisations mission and business activities.
- The application of architectural and cyber resilience principles to develop appropriate models, standards, policies and solutions that support the client in their security resilience.
- Identify effective human, procedural and technical controls to reduce the effectiveness of a cyber-attack and minimise the organisation's cyber risks.
- Work with engineering teams to embed security design principles and activities in the engineering development lifecycle.
- Evaluate security architectures and designs to understand the effectiveness of these designs from a security perspective. Provide advice and support in remedying any gaps.
- Provide Cyber Security advice and guidance for clients in 'business as usual', technical refresh and new project environments.
- Identify critical business functions and the cyber effects that may be created to adversely impact them. Create client centric solutions to address these cyber risks.
- Be able to apply technical knowledge, with creative and innovative thinking in a broad range of complex and non-routine contexts.
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed.
- Experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in multi-disciplined environments.
- Awareness of the various business drivers different organisations may have. An awareness of the Ability to work alongside enterprise architecture and the systems engineers.
- Experience of conducting cyber risk assessments/management and the deployment of appropriate controls.
- An excellent communicator, verbal (active listener) and written (able to write concisely). - Ability to articulate and pitch Cyber Security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities.
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- A wide awareness of Cyber Security across Government and Industry to include; HMG Information Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and JSP440 (plus other standard MOD Information Assurance methods).
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills.
- Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients.
- Experience of applying SABSA or equivalent security architecture approaches. Experience of using cyber kill chain analysis to identify practical interventions to reduce the effectiveness of an attack, stop or it's propagation throughout the system/s in question.
- CESG Certified Professional (Security and Information Risk Advisor or Security Architect). Understanding of the different approaches and technologies used in identifying and addressing cyber threats on the network.
- Awareness of how the cyber analyst integrates with network operations including using and applying Security incident and event management.
- Awareness of data analytics and how they can be used in cyber security.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent. Associate/Full Membership of recognised security professional body such as the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET), Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) or the British Computer Society (BSC).
- A keen interest in the latest technology with a focus on security technologies.
- Experience within programme and project environments.
Position - Cyber Security Architect - Permanent
Location - Multiple Locations
Salary - up to £75k
Keywords - Cyber Security Architect, Cyber risk assessments/management, Cyber Security advice, HMG Information Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and JSP440 (plus other standard MOD Information Assurance methods).
Apply for this role if you would like to work with a diverse company who is passionate about what they do, they don't take themselves too seriously. Simply put, it is a great place to be. So, when it comes to your life outside of work, ask my client about our flexible and remote working policies designed to help you get the most out of life.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.