|Job Title:||Database Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2019 17:06|
Our client a leading developer of information and communications technology services is looking to recruit a Database Analyst to work on exciting projects within their defence and enterprise division. You will have in depth database skills.
This Is an opportunity to work for a leading technology organisation serving a huge range of customers using a wide range of technologies.
In depth understanding of at least one SQL-Server/ORACLE/Postgres
* Knowledge of other database (e.g. those above + MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS)
* Extensive experience of designing and implementing enterprise databases
* Excellent knowledge of SQL and T-SQL or PL/SQL
* Experience of database performance tuning and sizing
* Experience of data migration
* Proven experience of the software development lifecycle
* Experience of cloud architectures (AWS & Azure)
* Experience of multi-tier client-server architecture
* Experience in ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load), data warehousing & business intelligence or development languages (e.g. Java, C++, JS, Python, HTML)
Desirable skills -
* Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load), data warehousing & business intelligence
* Knowledge of Data Reporting tools (Tableau, Penatho, SSRS, Power BI,Business Objects, etc)
* Knowledge of NOSQL DBs (Mongo, Cassandra)
* Knowledge of XML and related technologies
* Knowledge of operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, mobile)
* An understanding of design and modelling techniques (e.g. UML)
* An understanding of various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, DSDM)
* An understanding of software standards (e.g. ISO9001, ISO 20000:1)
* Experience of Quality Assurance and testing
* Microsoft and/or ORACLE certifications
Key Skills - Database, SQL, Oracle, Data migration, Cloud, AWS, Java, MySQL
Salary - Negotiable dependent on skills and experience - + excellent benefits
Location - Bristol, Avon, Chippenham
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's