Job descriptionYour experience within Safety Engineering would make a real impact for my client.
My client are a global world leading multi national defence organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity as you will have the opportunity to be involved with and influence the design processes for the entirety of the Complex Weapons Portfolio. In addition you have the opportunity to influence engineering strategy to the business for future programmes of work so a pivotal role.
The main purpose of this role will focus on the governance over the existing or planned nuclear facilities on site and is an opportunity to join a friendly and motivated team of people who are proud to ensure that their site is compliant and safe. The department the role will be imbedded in is responsible for nuclear implicated equipment and services across the Royal Dockyard to support submarine programmes.
Career progression is seen as a key part of company strategy.
They are looking for a Design and Safety Process Engineering Manager to join them:
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Enabling the delivery of the projects underway and planned at Devonport as part of the UK defence programme
- To provide governance of all activities across the Nuclear Site, particularly focused on the current and future nuclear and radiological safety implications of the operation of all cross site services and submarine over-side services
- Responsibilities will range from document approval to interfacing with the regulators, MoD/RN Nuclear Safety bodies and other stakeholders
- Maintain Plant Safety Case interfaces, implementing Licence Conditions/Authorisation Conditions
To be suitable for this role you will:
- You will have Facility and/or Plant Management experience
- Safety Case experience with respect to understanding and implementing the identified requirements and conducting compliance audits
- Knowledge of the services required by a nuclear submarine and associated facilities.
- Event investigation experience.
- Working knowledge of the MS Office suite of programmes
- Ideally you will have a relevant Engineering Degree, recognised professional status or significant experience in a relevant engineering discipline
Plymouth, South West (Flexible working will be offered)
Up to £55K + Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working & More
Safety Case, Plant, Facility, Nuclear, Navy, Submarine,
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a globally recognised company, who are keen to develop and enhance your skills further whilst being exposed to a variety of projects across multiple domains.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criterion will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to several high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position