Our client is looking for a Dynamics 365/ Power Platform Lead Developer to join them for a 3 month contract. This will be primarily remote based with occasional travel to Bootle.
You will be working closely with projects, business teams, analysts and researchers and user experience specialists to identify, build and continually improve solutions. You'll thrive working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects. You will have the opportunity to work on impactful, meaningful projects and contribute to the organisation realising its strategic ambitions to deliver user-centred digital services.
Configuration design and build: new services
- Work with business and project teams to advise on options for CRM / case management design, configuration, development, and integration for new digital services, drawing on your technical knowledge of the Power Platform and Dynamics 365.
- Work collaboratively with user experience designers to deliver / design mock-ups/ prototypes that can be tested with users.
- Apply your technical knowledge to turn prototypes into detailed technical designs. Agree the specification for the digital CRM / CM build and any interfaces, data models and integration considering the strategic implications of your design.
- Deliver /configure / reuse /build to the technical specification, including implementing toolkits and APIs, optimising technical performance, security and scaleability.
- Lead / contribute to different types of testing, wherever possible using automated testing methods and ensure robust challenge and validation of the solution design.
- Work in conjunction with enterprise architecture and data teams to ensure all design and build is fit for purpose and aligned to strategic direction and architectural and data principles.
Configuration design and build: existing services
- Within a continual improvement environment, work with service owners, digital and operations teams to prioritise and deliver a backlog of future service changes / releases for existing live digital services.
- Define and maintain technical service and platform roadmaps, with plans for future enhancements of functionality.
- Monitor and interpret the functionality in new MS platform releases and consider how it can be deployed in our designs to improve our services or technology consumption.
- Maximise reuse of code and configuration through taking a component driven approach to design and build.
Configuration and service management
- Take a modern approach to development, configuration, testing and automation of processes, and change & release planning.
- Help to refine and update existing in house standards and methodology, actively applying your knowledge and experience.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of configuration management design which will be made available to support risk assessment and incident resolution.
- Support digital services once they are live, providing specialist 3rd line support as required, Troubleshoot issues arising and work with technical communities to undertake root cause analysis and identify solutions.
- Impact assess forthcoming Microsoft releases and identify action to maintain current services.
- An extensive knowledge and experience working with Microsoft stack. A considerable amount of that experience will have been working alongside very large projects and programmes delivering digital services and within a strategic framework aimed at making deliverables reusable across many services.
- Extensive experience of configuring /customising CRM / case management applications, specifically the Microsoft Power Platform, and Dynamics 365.
- A detailed understanding of the principles that generate strong, reusable and scaleable configuration design.
- A track record of building and maintaining interfaces between MS Dynamics and other applications - whether through API or other.
- Experience of developing in the Visual Studio stack.
Experience in front-end and/or back-end development, with detailed knowledge of at least one programming language.
- For back-end developers C# is essential, other relevant languages include Ruby, Java, Python, Scala or node.js
- Experience in using .net framework.
- Experience in developing RESTful api web services.
- A good awareness of the key components underpinning digital models and the interfaces - e.g. identification and verification, payment systems etc.
- Ability to quickly research and systematically solve problems.
- Experience of using testing to validate solutions.
- A strong understanding of the principles of web security.
- Experience of coaching and supporting other developers
- Understanding of the principles of ITIL and service management.
- Experience of working alongside agile projects to design new digital services.
- Experience in integrating call centre applications with CRM / case management systems.
- Data modelling techniques.
- Experience of using the Azure platform, including Azure DevOps.
- A good understanding of the principles of using Design Pattern Libraries.
- A range of certifications / qualifications in the Microsoft stack, development languages and ITIL.
- 3+ years experience of working alongside or within Microsoft Gold Partner organisations
Duration: 3 months
Location: Home based and Bootle
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a contract role
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.