Job descriptionAn exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leader in the Defence sector, as an Electrical Architect / Engineer. Your experience within electrical / electronics, interfaces, data communication, and knowledge of Defence / industry standards, will help you to support my client.
You’ll have the chance to join a forward-thinking, hardworking, and welcoming team, that will support your career development in an exciting direction.
About the role
My client is currently building up a team of electrical / electronic engineers at all levels, to work on the next generation high-integrity systems. As an Electrical Architect, you will be responsible for the electrical architecture and requirements for these systems. You may provide technical supervision to other specialists within the team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team. Day-to-day duties include the following:
- Specifying / determining
- System electrical requirements
- Interface definitions and characteristics between subsystems / equipment
- Power architecture (including power budget and power profiles)
- Data communication and processing architecture
- Requirements for EMC, bonding, grounding, and screening
- Signal safety, including routing of safety related signals
- Supporting test and fault-finding activities during compatibility checks, risk reduction, system proving and integration
- Reviewing and generating reports, guidelines, and processes
- Design assessments and analysis, and attend / support design reviews
- Working to defence / industry standards
Alternatively, acting as the Equipment Manager for specific electrical / electronic equipment integral to complex systems you will:
- Project manage the equipment through development, qualification, and manufacture
- Produce Statements of Work for the design authority
- Build and update plans showing activities
- Manage internal & external design authorities for delivery of hardware, software, and deliverables to schedule, cost, quality, and performance
- Review qualification verification evidence
- Assess and find resolution to equipment non-compliances
- Attend and support design reviews
- Electrical / electronics, interfaces, data communication, knowledge of defence/industry standards, etc.
- Degree level qualification in a related subject or equivalent experience.
- Defence related background (experience within other engineering industries is also of interest).
- Experience within the following areas is of interest but not essential: Military aircraft, systems engineering, power supply units, sensors, actuators, fire control systems, safety, EMC, Model Based Engineering tools, Health Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS), DOORS, Zuken, Siemens Capital.
- Job title - Electrical Architect, Electrical Engineer
- Location - Home County, Hertfordshire
- Salary - £40k - £60k + bonus + benefits (dependent on experience)
- Electrical / Electronic
- Data Communication
- Defence / industry standards
Why should a candidate apply?
In your career within a leading Defence organisation, you'll find yourself in a world of advanced technology, developing products and ensuring those products remain at the forefront of technical innovation. You will work together with purpose, providing better, smarter, and more effective defence capabilities. My client also offers training courses to ensure your future development in subject areas including technical, leadership and management, business, toolsets, and languages, etc. Reward comes hand in hand with your role, meaning you can also enjoy the excellent benefits that they have to offer.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to several high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position