Our client in Glasgow, is looking for an Electrical Power Systems Lead to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role requires a strong technical project delivery background; with experience which should include several of the following:
· AC and DC electrical power and distribution system design (up to 33kV).
· Power system modelling or management of grid connections.
· Managing the production, verification and approval of electrical reports, specifications, and detailed design drawings.
· Responding to ageing and obsolescence of electrical assets.
· Design and assurance of safety critical power systems.
· Specialist equipment support, for example: generators, transformers, switchgear, cables.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
· MSc in an accredited Electrical Engineering (Or equivalent experience)
· HV & LV electrical engineering experience in a relevant industry
· Technical leadership on projects
· Working to the requirements of ISO 9001
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
Up to date knowledge and experience in the electrical discipline in particular relation to the following sectors:
· Transmission and Distribution including HVDC
· Energy Generation
· Nuclear Power and Fusion
· Private Wire Networks / Micro Grids
· Energy Storage and Battery Systems
· Production of design/substantiation reports and deliverables.
· Application of regulated industry standards, methodologies and principles.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.