Job descriptionAre you passionate about developing innovative solutions to the biggest engineering challenges? Excited for your work to be a part of sustainable solutions for the next generations? Driven to capitalise on the benefit of advances in technologies, and provide society with enhanced level of capability? Your experience within Design Engineering and knowledge of Manufacturing processes will prove vital to my client.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing design groups are seeking to recruit Engineering Design and Manufacture Consultants to support our clients’ in the generation and delivery of multi-disciplinary design solutions. Working across all market sectors including low/zero carbon energy, transportation, process and chemicals, defence and many more.
You will have the opportunity to join a world-leading, multi-national consultancy working as part of close-knit engineering design teams, whether working with colleagues to deliver a range of projects to external clients, or working alongside clients in embedded roles.
About the job:
In the role of Engineering Design and Manufacture Consultant, you will likely be responsible for activities including:
- Developing innovative concepts and solutions, through brainstorming and down selection processes.
- Creating high quality detailed designs for any stage of an assets lifecycle from concept to decommissioning;
- Working with colleagues within and outside your disciplines to deliver multidisciplinary projects
- Authoring and verifying technical deliverables including 3D modelling, detailed drawings, test plans, design reports, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Managing projects in accordance with our ISO-9001 accredited processes and acting as technical lead;
- Responding to leads and enquiries, and writing proposals
- Developing new business by identifying and engaging with prospective clients
Current programmes of work the engineering design teams are supporting include; developing proof of concept demonstrators for zero carbon energy systems, design of test rigs and equipment for the verification of aerospace components, optimising the design of complex manufacturing processes, producing prototype medical devices, creating next generation railway infrastructure, jigs for remote handing of equipment during decommissions activities, bridging system for defence land vehicles.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess a good degree in an engineering related subject.
- Be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about mechanical design, with experience of successful design solutions.
- Experience of manufacturing processes, tooling and delivery of manufactured prototypes or products.
- Experienced in the application of design techniques, processes and best practice.
- Strong skills in the interpretation of clients' technical needs and the development of requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Excellent customer-facing skills.
Engineering Design and Manufacturing Consultant
Permanent role – Salary negotiable
Keywords: Design, Manufacture, Mechanical design, Manufacturing processes, Prototypes, Requirements, Low/zero carbon energy, Transportation, Process, Chemicals, Defence, Concepts, Decommissioning, Drawings, Test plans, Design reports.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
This is a permanent position