Job descriptionYour experience of systems engineering and strong background in lead roles will help you to gain experience across a large number of international safety critical projects at every point in the development lifecycle and tackle exciting and challenging problems, as the Centre of Excellence continually pushes the boundaries of what's possible.
As an Equipment Systems lead you will be an early adopter of new technologies and keen to expand your experience into electro-mechanical systems, product-line engineering and model-based systems engineering.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires an Equipment Systems Lead to work at the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence. The multifunction product focused organisation has been set up to ensure a robust and comprehensive focus can be applied to all elements of actuator product life cycle; from R&D, through development and to in-service support. You will take ownership of the equipment system design, on behalf of the Equipment Design Authority and Integrated Design Team. The role will involve considerable collaboration across all of engineering, including: mechanical, electronics, servo, software and safety to converge on a design solution.
Typically, responsibilities include:
- Elicit and understand partner needs to develop a complete and coherent system design solution.
- Develop and refine the equipment system design during the course of project.
- Develop and refine all internally generated system requirements for the equipment.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Design Team to deliver the system design solution.
- Develop solutions to technical issues and process improvement opportunities as a member of the Actuation Systems CofEx team.
As an Equipment Systems Lead you will have;
- Knowledge of systems engineering.
- Experience in lead roles.
- Ability to communicate with all levels effectively; challenge, negotiate and influence to achieve a desired goal/outcome.
- Ability to manage ever-changing and conflicting priorities to achieve the end goal.
- Experience in a variety of engineering tools.
Equipment Systems Lead – Actuation Systems
Up to £38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Equipment Architect, V-Model, Systems Lead, Digital mechanical, electronics, servo, software, safety, design.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting.
This is a permanent position.