Job descriptionMy client is a supplier of high-performance electronic components used in high-voltage power-conversion systems. Their integrated circuits and diodes enable compact, energy-efficient AC-DC power supplies for a vast range of electronic products and they are now looking for an Applications Engineer, offering technical support to major key accounts.
The Applications Engineer will:
- Provide application and design support to customers.
- Provide high quality laboratory, virtual and on-site support to maintain a leading edge in the marketplace.
- Debug customers’ designs, recommending changes for improvements.
- Produce customized designs and hardware to meet customers’ requirements.
- Conduct periodical technical presentations to key customers.
- Support Sales Team technically in the region to increase number of Design Wins and revenue.
- Travel approximately 20% of the time (average).
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to be qualified to degree level or higher (MSc preferred) in Electronics Engineering with previous experience in designing High Voltage Switch Mode Power Supplies and a background in power electronics combined with practical knowledge of HV transformers and AC/DC switch mode power supplies. It would be beneficial if you have experience in High Voltage Motor Drives designs and microcontroller software programming.
You will need to be self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills, commercial awareness, excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to build successful and long-lasting client relationships.
You will need a valid driving license and the willingness to travel UK wide as necessary.
Salary to £50k DOE plus car allowance and bonus
Key Skills: Applications Engineer, Field Support Engineer, HV, High Voltage, Power Electronics, Power Supplies, Switch Mode Power Supplies, Motor Drives, Transformers, Microcontroller Software.
PLEASE NOTE: all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for employer sponsorship.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a PERMANENT position