Field Services Manager
|Job Title:||Field Services Manager|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2018 08:21|
Your experience as a field services manager providing IT field delivery and exceptional customer service would make an immediate positive impact to one of the largest defence contractors in the world. You will have excellent people management skills and broad knowledge of IT including networking, WiFi and cabling.
Working for a market leader in the Engineering industry that specialised in the HMG and Defence sectors, you will get the opportunity to grow and shine alongside the business, giving you phenomenal career prospects and a defined path for your development. Our client is working as part of a consortium on a £11 billion change management projects
My client is a global Engineering company that has always been renowned for its innovative engineering. Providing high-quality products & services to the Defence, Government, Financial & Professional and Infrastructure & Utilities sectors.
* Line Management of IT Communications and Desktop support team.
* On boarding new tenants to site to ensure adherence to IT guidelines to maintain site List X accreditation.
* Focal/escalation point for all IT related issues.
* Champion Good Practice processes across Field Services team
* Provide hands on engineering & project support when and where required.
* Ensure own performance positively impacts the performance of the Field Services team.
* Ensure capability of the team is sufficient to fulfil operational requirements.
* Further develop teams capabilities, encourage, coach and mentor team.
* Health & Safety of self and team.
* Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
* Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and work instructions
* Proven track record with extensive experience in hands on IT support
* Able to work under pressure.
* Concern for excellence and service improvement.
* Commitment to set, achieve and maintain a high quality service.
* Problem ownership.
* To be relied upon to take a task through from conception to completion.
* Shows the commitment and ability to identify and understand the current and future needs of the customer, and be willing to go that 'extra step' to ensure the individual customer's needs are met.
* Must have the ability to work and communicate well as part of a team and to be able to work on own initiative.
Experience & Qualifications
* Accreditations and qualifications to include:
o Managing People ( ILM NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Management) or equivalent
o Health and Safety (IOSH Managing Safely, Working at heights, Asbestos, Confined spaces) etc.
o ITIL V3 Foundation certificate
o Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT)
o Microsoft Certified IT Professional or equivalent experience. (MCITP)
o CompTIA Cloud +
o CompTIA Mobility +
o CompTIA Security +
* Demonstrable IT Infrastructure knowledge including:
o Structured Cabling.
o Telecoms cabling
o Network Equipment Rooms
o Fibre Optics
o Working with different network classifications
* CCTV systems
* Surveying - pricing and costing IT installations internally and externally
* Managing office moves and Business as Usual (BAU) Projects.
* Service Management Ticketing - Resolve
* Experience of handling service complaints
* Strong customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
* Exhibits authority and leadership, takes responsibility, is independent and self-starting
* Demonstrates teamwork at the highest level with a highly collaborative approach
* Highly customer & delivery focused, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
* Working in the construction environment, including Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
* Full driving licence essential
Role: Field Service Manager
Location: Wiltshire, Amesbury, Salisbury
Salary: Up to £35000 (Negotiable)
Keywords: Field Service, Network, Infrastructure, Health and Safety, Cabling, technical support
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
This is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Software Application Portfolio Manager
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + pension
Senior Risk Manager
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bens
Export Control Manager
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Bens
Technical Applications & Training Manager
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits