Job descriptionYour experience of developing MBSE models and performing functional analysis will help you join a fast-paced project in the early stages of design development, maturing the functional architecture and requirements as a functional architect.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. You will be involved in a high-profile new venture within the business, which will offer the candidate an excellent growth path in the future and would suit someone who is aiming to progress their career with an opportunity to shine within the business.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Functional Architect to join a team working across several domains, the role covers multiple aspects including:
- Working with the other Functional Design Domains to understand, challenge and negotiate the boundaries and interactions guided by the Functional Modelling Architect who will help to ensure coherency.
- Performing functional analysis to decompose functional requirements into lower-level functions
- Identify, scope, and conduct functional design & trade studies to be undertaken to mature understanding of required behaviour/performance and support requirement maturation
- Propose allocation of functional performance and/or constraints to physical sub-systems
- Working closely with domain partners to support maturation of the functional behaviour, architecture and requirements
- Developing relevant aspects of the project MBSE models
- The candidate will likely be responsible for a subset of munition equipment TRSs and heavily contribute to the development of the functional and performance requirements. This will involve working closely with other domains and the customers of the respective TRSs.
- They will need to keep track of compliance and shortfalls (TBD registers) and pull out risks that emerge and agree mitigation plans as required.
As a Functional Architect d your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Ability to develop requirements collaboratively with partners
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering
- While not essential, experience of Rhapsody and Doors tools would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact both internally and externally with customers, technical specialists, equipment teams and senior management.
£32,000 - £38,000
Keywords: Functional architect, MBSE, Design, Model Based Systems Engineering, DOORS, Design review, IBM Rhapsody, Requirements, Trade study.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.