Your experience of systems engineering and understanding of early phase concept development will help you to join the Emerging Portfolio & Capability function. As a Principal Systems Engineer, you’ll tackle a variety of activities to develop Weapon & Missile Concepts, support bids, understand technology roadmaps and deploy new working practices, such as Agile.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Principal Systems Engineer to work in either Future Systems or Tactical Strike Missile - New Business areas. You will use early phase design cycle skills combining core System Engineering, Business development, Customer & User engagements, technology applicability and new functionality areas. You will also perform Road-mapping / Requirement elicitation, bidding for new work, understanding capability, corralling multi-disciplinary teams. The role will involve core Systems Engineering activities including;
- Exploring Customer needs to develop and elicit requirements;
- Support and influence the design of new concepts, to the refine them with a mutli-discipline team;
- Concept capability analysis and competitor product technical performance analysis;
- Trade Studies and assessment.
- Develop and deploy systems engineering methods and technical authorisation;
- Technical bid generation and support to contract award;
- Supporting customer focused Experiments, using a wide range of techniques and tools including war-games and synthetic environments;
- Supporting future weapon system planning and product roadmaps;
- Exploiting and influencing Research and Technology activities.
As a Principal Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- The confidence to embrace the uncertain nature of early concept development and technologies to progress towards defining solutions and system concepts;
- Good Systems Engineering knowledge, alongside the ability and desire to test new techniques and use new methods to develop concepts and complete system trade studies;
- Experience of weapons systems and missile design, including systems trade studies is beneficial;
- A solid understanding of weapon systems, platforms and missile sub-systems;
- To be able to negotiate and influence a broad range of internal and external partners to secure the right outcome;
- Experience of planning and task management important;
- Knowledge of DOORS, Rhapsody and systems design analysis tools e.g. Pugh Matrix / QFD / etc, beneficial.
Principal Systems Engineer
Up to £38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Lifecycle, V-lifecycle, Design, Requirements, DOORS, Rhapsody, Concept development, Architect, Systems Design, Trade studies, Missile, Weapon platform, Bid, Defence, Military, Maritime, Land, Air, Sea.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.