Job descriptionYour background as a Senior Principal Engineer, combined with your understanding of mechanical & climatic environments and the environmental life cycle, will help you to support Environmental Engineering & Facilities (EE&F) UK as the Head of Mechanical & Climatic Projects Department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join to join an award-winning Defence organisation, who pursue technical innovation using high-end technology that focuses on the design, development, production and through life support of highly complex systems.
About the role
The Mechanical & Climatic Project Department consists of approximately 27 engineers (including 5 direct reports) and is based in Stevenage. EE&F is integral within all of my clients’ land, sea and air-based weapons system projects and operates at all stages of the product lifecycle. You'll manage delivery of Environmental Engineering task packages, through the provision of technical management and leadership across the environmental project engineering and data analysis teams.
In the role, you'll provide expertise in defining Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERSs) and assessment of all relevant environmental requirements and their interpretation into design and test levels for the complete product and for its sub-systems, while maintaining overall consistency of logic and an efficient approach across projects.
You'll conduct day to day functional management of the project department in support of the Head of EE&F UK, ensuring all environmental engineering activities are included in the appropriate project management plans and establishing effective communication with supporting functions.
You'll act as a technical support to the Projects during bid phase, being strongly involved in discussions with the customers, provide support to Design Verification Plan (DVP) with respect to interpreting environmental requirements, proving guidelines, conformance documentation and test techniques.
To be suitable for the position, you will hold a relevant Degree or equivalent experience within a related industry, and must be able to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Proven people management skills and demonstrated ability to motivate a team
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical & climatic environments and associated environmental test equipment / facilities
- Experience of environmental defence standards
- Understanding of the environmental life cycle and the key activities across the Product Lifecycle
it would be to your advantage if you also have the following experience / qualifications:
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of shock and vibration analysis and simulation tools
- Chartered Engineer
- Job Title - Head of Mechanical & Climatic Projects Department, Environmental Engineering & Facilities
- Locations - Home County Hertfordshire, possibly Henlow
- Salary - £50k - £60k. Negotiable DOE, plus excellent bonus, and benefits
- Understanding of Mechanical & climatic environments and associated environmental test equipment / facilities
- Environmental defence standards knowledge
- Understanding of environmental life cycle and the key activities across the Product Lifecycle
- People management and the ability to motivate a team
In your career within a leading Defence organisation, you'll find yourself pushing outside your comfort zone, exploring new ideas and collaborating with experts. You will work together with purpose, providing better, smarter, and more effective mission critical capabilities. Reward comes hand in hand with your role, meaning you can also enjoy the excellent benefits that they have to offer.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to several high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position