Our client is looking for a Human Factors Engineer to join them for a 12-month contract. This will initially be a split between the site and home but may move more on-site post covid.
Please note, you must hold current SC clearance to be eligible for this position.
Overview of department:
To undertake a full range of Human Factors tasks across Weapon System conception, development and research activities.
Integration of Human Factors is critical to the development of safe, usable and effective Weapon Systems. The Human Factors department is responsible for ensuring that user capability is fully considered in the weapon system, from initial design through development and delivery to the customer.
They are looking for a highly capable, versatile and enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer to work within our HF team across a number of national and international projects and research activities.
- Conduct of Human Factors Integration through the development lifecycle providing progressive assurance to the customer as per Def Stan 00-251
- Analysis and assessment of the role of the operator within the weapon system considering weapon system planning, command and control
- Analysis of physical ergonomics and integration into workspaces
- User interface prototyping and design
- Definition of HF requirements and development and maintenance of lower level detailed specifications (e.g. for HMI/HCI)
- Conduct of User Experiments and Trials supporting system conception, development and verification taking into account operator workload and situational awareness
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
- Substantial & demonstrable understanding of the application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering preferably in a Defence context:
- Application defence standards (00-251)
- Application of HF in the system lifecyle including (HFI, Task analysis, HCI specification, user trials and experimentation, physical ergonomics)
- Use of CAD software such as Jack
- Use of User Interface prototyping tools such as Axure
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering and disciplines that interact with Human Factors (Supportability, Training, Systems) including definition and verification of HF requirements.
- Good Understanding of the Military user community and ways of working
- MS Office, DOORS
- Ability to generate technical reports
- Good planning skills
- Customer focused
- Effective communication skills.
Duration: 12 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Keywords: human factors, defence, military, Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, CIEHF
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.