Job descriptionAn exciting opportunity to play a vital role as a Designer within a dynamic and highly skilled team to support crucial projects. Our Client is a specialists in residential and commercial construction since 2004.
- Working closely with the Design Manager, Senior Designer, Commercial, Project Delivery and Administration teams.
- Liaising with internal parties, clients, client agents and suppliers at all levels to develop, understand and interpret design briefs essential.
- Using creativeness and design flair to explore and produce excellent, accurate and functional design concepts.
- Design scope: Working drawings, full drawing packs, visualisation, mood/creative boards, presentations, challenging conventions, providing logical, functional, desirable solutions.
- Liaising with planning departments and / or other governing bodies to ensure compliance as required.
- Attending site surveys and undertaking feasibility studies in relation to design options v cost.
- Specifying product: Good understanding of materials, finishes and furniture.
- Management of own time by ensuring scheduled workload is planned and undertaken to meet associated deadlines.
- Work allocation is managed by the Design Manager and this will include daily / weekly reporting on progress of activities and working alongside the Senior Designer.
- Having an excellent understanding of all technical drawings and knowledge of AutoCAD, additional software products would be advantageous and willingness to learn new products
- Filing of all design related documentation within the quotation and project files coupled with good administration practices
Skills & Requirements
- 6 years’ experience preferably degree educated within Interior design or with industry experience in Construction and Fit Out.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, organisation and IT skills.
- Managing their time effectively with the ability to prioritise workloads is a must.
- Good knowledge of CAD Software such as AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and MS packages.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Revit BIM software advantageous but not necessary but a willingness to learn more to enhance current skill set would be an expectation.
- Hardworking, efficient, enthusiastic and being a team player is a must
- West Yorkshire
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Key Skills; Interior design, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and MS packages
Please apply if you are interested in joining a high technology company experiencing excellent growth with a good range of projects and progression opportunities.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position