|Job Title:||IT Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||June 08, 2018 16:58|
My client is a leading multinational defence technology company with multiple sites around the UK. They have an enviable reputation and employ nearly 10000 people.
Due to an increase in work an opportunity has arisen for an IT Engineer offering 3rd line desktop Support to enterprise users of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Hardware Peripherals. You will be involved in the design and installation of business and corporate LAN Infrastructure.
Based at their site in Hampshire with occasional travel to other sites. Working within a multi skilled team alongside specialists from a number of disciplines.
* On site IT representative & focal/escalation point for all local IT issues
* 3rd line desktop support to enterprise users
* Building and delivery of new desktop/laptop hardware & peripheral
* Supporting local area network infrastructure
* Managing of the helpdesk call system tickets (Resolve)
* Management of DAMS (desktop asset management system)
* Fault diagnosis/fix of corporate and standalone PC systems and peripherals
* Remotely assist network management teams with "remote hands" for fault diagnosis/fix of the corporate data & voice networks and cabling infrastructure.
* Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
* Carry out field support for project.
* Working with, and in some cases supervising sub-contractors, as required
* Ensure configuration management is maintained.
* Carry out surveys for new installations such as Network Equipment rooms, racks, cabling and wifi.
* Carry out field Installation Moves And Changes (IMACS) of the voice/data network.
* To undertake other duties as directed by the Team Lead.
Demonstrable IT Infrastructure knowledge including:
o Configuration of network attached equipment
o Configuration control
o BSEN 50173/50174
o Structured Cabling.
o Network Equipment Rooms
o AV & VC equipment
* Microsoft Office applications
* PC, laptop and printer hardware repair
* Local Area Networking
* Support of Wireless Networks
* CCTV systems
* Access Control systems
* Alarm integration
* Surveying - pricing and costing IT installations
* Managing office moves and Business as Usual (BAU) Projects.
* Service Management Ticketing - Resolve
* Working in the construction environment including Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
This is a Permanent role
Keywords - IT, Telecommunications, Desktop Support, Cable, Network, Wireless, Infrastructure
Location: Hampshire, Aldershot, Farnborough, Fleet, Camberley
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Skills -
If you feel you have the suitable skills and experience and are looking to work for one of the countries leading defence and technology companies and work with some of the leading individuals within the sector. Our client can offer excellent opportunities for career progression and diversity across a range of sectors. Please get in touch.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's