An exciting opportunity to play a vital role as a IT Support Engineer within a creative and highly skilled team that has a global customer base and offers excellent training and development opportunities.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and operation of IT equipment and software
- Provide Operational Support solutions – process and systems – and ensure data accuracy
- Provide training and awareness where agreed by Team Leader and Senior Management
- Approve the purchase of equipment and supplies in order to meet operational requirements
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment including communal hardware and equipment, personal hardware and equipment, including desktops, laptops, printers, audio visual equipment collaboration tools, and digital data management and application software
- Support with the management and execution of operations-related projects and project portfolios
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Assist where appropriate with the alignment of IT and OT technology platforms
- Manage expectations of multiple business stakeholders, ensuring that effective communication occurs related to service delivery and build strong and collaborative relationships with the IT Team across Europe
- Proactive IT Planning and Execution, developing maintenance schedules for equipment, conducting feasibility testing and implementing policies and procedures amongst other initiatives
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma or University Degree in Computer or Information Science or similar
- Previous experience providing 1st and 2nd level IT support directly to end users at all levels
- Practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft Windows and Office packages.
- Experience with IT ticketing service software and Antivirus applications
- Understanding of ITIL practices
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present ideas in business-friendly and people-friendly language
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
- On-call availability for a minimum of one week per month
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Awareness and attention to Health and Safety in a manufacturing environment
- Occasional travel to other European sites may be required
- 1st -2nd line Application support
- Wincanton area
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Please apply if you are interested in joining a high technology company experiencing excellent growth with a good range of projects and progression opportunities.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position.