IT Senior Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Senior Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kevin Raymond|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2017 14:23|
My client is a leading multinational defence technology company with multiple sites around the UK. They have an enviable reputation and employ nearly 10000 people.
Due to an increase in work an opportunity has arisen for a Senior IT Project Manager to manage the delivery of key software and infrastructure projects. You will have strong commercial experience and be delivery focused.
Based at their site in Hampshire. Working within a multi skilled team alongside specialists from a number of disciplines.
* Management of projects to deliver project objectives that are defined in the Project Business Case and Project Mandate.
* Ensuring projects meets all governance requirements in accordance with company policies and processes.
* Ensuring projects meet all compliance requirements especially with respect to Legal and Safety requirements in accordance with corporate policies and processes.
* Leadership of the project team
* Management of suppliers, where appropriate, to ensure the fulfilment of the requirements within a Statement Of Works that meets the standards of the Project Mandate.
* Manage and resolve scheduling conflicts and where required seek additional support either internally or externally.* Manage resourcing forecast through the use of appropriate tools.
* Work with procurement to obtain pricing and manage the purchase of all materials associated to the delivery of projects.
* Management of Risks and Issues and the implementation of mitigation strategies.
* Arrange periodic meetings with teams and team leads to discuss all activities.
* Good knowledge of Project Management principles in accordance with industry and company standards.
* Knowledge and experience as graded in PMCDF competency framework for Project Managers.
* Team Leadership including the management of relationships and conflicts within project team.
* Resource Management.
* Financial management.
* Delivery of the project to agreed timelines.
* Working within the Life Cycle process to ensure the quality of the project is structured and achieved.
* Ability to negotiate with internal team.
* A reasonable level of commercial awareness.
* A leadership style which will enable a consistent approach to delivery.
* Knowledge of other functional disciplines related to delivery (e.g. finance).
This is a Permanent role
Keywords - Project Manager, Defence, Commercial, Aerospace, Prince 2, MSP, AMP
Location: Hampshire, Aldershot, Farnborough, Fleet, Camberley
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Skills -
If you feel you have the suitable skills and experience and are looking to work for one of the countries leading defence and technology companies and work with some of the leading individuals within the sector. Our client can offer excellent opportunities for career progression and diversity across a range of sectors. Please get in touch.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Senior FEA Project Engineer
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Project Manager - Defence
£30000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus
Information Systems Project Manager
£35000 - £45000 per annum + DOE + benefits
Project Manager - DV Security Cleared
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Bonuses