IT Support Engineer
|Job Title:||IT Support Engineer|
|Location:||Blandford Forum, Dorset|
|Contact Name:||Anna Bonczchowska|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2019 17:53|
In this Role you will be responsible for:
* Initial support call/ticket handling
* Providing IT support and troubleshooting to all staff worldwide via telephone and remote support software
* Windows Desktop, Server and Network troubleshooting
* Linux Desktop & Server troubleshooting
* PC/Server Hardware deployment & troubleshooting
* Liaison with 3rd party vendors/suppliers when required
* Day to day management of system patch management, audit, antivirus and backups
* IT Asset management
* Procurement of IT consumables
* Support internal IT Project implementations
You will have the following experience:
* At least 2 years' experience working in an IT functional role in Engineering, IT or related business areas.
* Strong experience of using Linux in an enterprise environment
* Networking - LAN, WAN, VPN, Firewalls, Routing
* Knowledge of IP networks
* Windows desktop (7,10) and Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012, 2016)
* Software Experience - Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Sage 200
* Telephone and Remote IT Support
* Active Directory
* PC/Server Hardware
* Proactive and self-motivated
* Understanding of high-speed digital design
* CentOS Linux
* Mac Desktop troubleshooting
* Knowledge of working in-line with ISO9001 and ISO27001
IT Support Engineer
Key Skills: IT Support; IP networks; computer networking; Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Sage 200; Telephone and Remote IT Support; Active Directory; PC/Server Hardware
If you are a good match then please apply with a CV to learn more about this truly fantastic opportunity to work for a market leader who has an enviable reputation.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time. Services advertised by Electus Recruitment Solutions are those of an Agency (perm). These roles are permanent positions.
This is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Infrastructure Support Engineer
IT Compliance Analyst (ERP Support)
£28400 - £36000 per annum + Bonus
£60000 - £70000 per annum
Data Centre Engineer
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Systems Engineer - JSIB
£37600 - £47000 per annum