Our client in Blandford Forum is looking for a Junior Fibre Planner to join their team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join a company that is rapidly expanding.
Due to the location, the successful candidate must hold a current driving license.
Reporting into the Surveying Team Leader, you will work within the Network Planning team who are primarily responsible for the development of planning and mapping of our extensive Fibre network. Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Keeping the network site database updated with all relevant information.
- Creating network maps using a combination of GIS mapping software (Vetro), Google Earth.
- Aid the Construction Team in organising and accurately documenting planned fibre construction and help with the planning and mapping of future fibre community schemes.
- Using HM Land Registry to plot land ownership polygons and aid the process of planning new fibre routes.
- Provide the interface of information into PIA submissions, permitting and wayleave submissions.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Surveying, Geography, Geology or similar.
- Experience of using CAD or GIS software
- Any experience of Telecoms FTTP (Fibre to the Premise) surveying would be a real benefit.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: surveying, geography, geology, CAD, GIS, telecoms, planner, fibre planner
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.