Junior Proposal and Capture Manager
|Job Title:||Junior Proposal and Capture Manager|
|Salary:||£32000 - £48000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2021 07:12|
Our client in Cheltenham is looking for a Junior Proposal and Capture Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. You must be eligible to obtain DV clearance for this role.
The ideal candidate will be a recent Business Graduate with some experience in Business Development/Contract Management/Proposals.
The successful candidate will ensure the continued prosperity and growth of the business and specifically the Cyber & Intelligence operating unit by identifying, promoting, selling and delivering Cyber Security capabilities and service solutions to new and existing clients within the UK in support of the company's business goals and objectives.
· Management and co-ordination of captures identified by Northrop Grumman that result in successful outcomes.
· Drive the ultimate generation of a proposal, outlining the proposal structure as required by the Request For Proposal (RFP), setting the schedule and allocation of section / contribution responsibilities to the relevant subject matter expert
· Manage the proposal team contributions / inputs as appropriate to establish a competitive and ultimately market differentiating proposal
· Continuously monitor progress and content of inputs to ensure that the RFP requirements are being suitably answered, the content is of suitable quality and coherence across the submission
· Coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from all relevant functional departments
· Request and acquires appropriate resources/consultants for his/her proposal.
· Develop and own the internal stakeholder management process for each submission
· Research and analyse historical data and project experience to support proposal efforts
· Ensure compliance with the business acquisition process and internal company procedures
· Establish and develop the tools and techniques to continuously enhance the quality of our bid submissions, assessing market best practice and its applicability in order to support the evolution of our competitive bid approaches
· Manage the key in-process proposal submission reviews to ensure that our offer is suitably and independently reviewed and challenged to ensure it best represents our offer, our approach and our capabilities
· Ensure each proposal team benefits from previous lessons learnt and as such ensures that each submission is better than the last
· Provide clear and concise proposal status reports to all relevant internal stakeholder on a regular and suitable periodic basis
· Develop effective collaborations with the proposed industrial partners to ensure their contributions are suitably framed and contextualised in a manner consistent with the main submission
· Able to review, challenge, highlight issues and recommend improvements to proposal contributions
· Strong but collaborative individual with the confidence and integrity to earn internal stakeholders confidence
· Be keen and eager to build relationships with new and existing customers, working alongside more senior capture managers and technical delivery staff
· Competent in the interpretation of tendering instructions
· Can recognise what is needed to create a complete and compliant submission
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Adept at problem-solving, able to develop solutions to a variety of very complex problems
· Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with all audiences/stakeholders
· Proactive team worker, equally self-motivated and able to work autonomously
· Proactive and dynamic approach to problem solving and opportunity management
· Highly-organised, adept at workload management, prioritising appropriately to meet deadlines under pressure
· Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment
· Proficient MS Office and MS Project user
· Highly competent in PowerPoint and face-to-face presentation delivery
· Strong customer orientation
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· An engaging and 'can do' attitude, able to influence opinion and decisions
Ability to obtain DV clearance
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Keywords: business graduate, contract proposals, business development, contract changes, renewal of proposals, defence, cyber security
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Verification and Validation Engineer
New Malden, London
Principal Engineer - Design and Verification
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£50000 - £60000 per annum
South West England, England
South West England, England