Junior Supply Manager
|Job Title:||Junior Supply Manager|
|Salary:||£25000 - £31500 per annum + competitive benefits|
|Contact Name:||Francesca Tucker|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2018 14:03|
Our client is a world leader in the provision and integration of cutting-edge technology, primarily specialist vehicles and systems to the Defence and Security sectors.
My client is seeking a Junior Supply Chain Manager, to assist in the sub-contract programme management of suppliers. You'll be focused on reaching schedule milestones, networking across the supply chain, reducing costs and assisting the Supply Chain Manager in contract negotiation, management and supplier selection activities.
With your excellent organisational ability, good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills and effective decision making abilities, you'll be rewarded with joining a prestigious company with excellent benefits and long-term career development.
As the Junior Supply Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct support to Senior Supplier Managers
- Work with Supply Chain Managers to assist in source, selection & negotiation of supplier contracts
- Contribute to meeting the delivery requirements of the business, reducing cost, achieving and exceeding agreed supplied targets.
- Assist in the day to day running of Supply Chain contracts and management of Subcontract changes.
- Administer and monitor ongoing supplier performance
- Contribute to the development and deployment of the Supply Chain strategy
- Contribute to the Supply Chain reporting of accurate & reliable financial data for materials & forecasts.
- Attending Supplier Meetings.
Successful candidates will have/be
-Degree educated or Equivalent Experience.
-Relationship management experience
-Management of material budget controls
-Experience on project management
-Experience of SQA & QA processes in an ISO accredited environment
-Negotiation and cost management experience
- Experience in supplier management
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Self-starter who is confident to find their own solutions to close out problems
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a highly changeable environment
Position- Junior Supply Manager (Permanent)
Location- South Wales
Salary- £25000-£31500 + competitive benefits
Key Words:Supply Chain, Supplier, Supplier Management, Subcontract, Negotiation, Commercial, Contract, Forecast, Relationship Management, Budget,
Applicants may be required to meet certain security criteria.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This role is a permanent position
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Car + Bonus
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Flexi Work
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Project Manager - Defence
£30000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus