Job descriptionYour understanding of aerospace engineering or advanced air mobility and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle will help you to support my client as a Systems Engineer. You will work across the futures Aerospace industry including work on the UK Future Flight Challenge where they are leading the Aviation Innovation which will assess the feasibility and development of a novel air transport eco-system, using the South West as a testbed, with the aim to demonstrate air taxi services by 2023.
To support this exciting area of growth, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals that work on aircraft systems, flight operations, airspace integration, regulator frameworks and infrastructure to support the development of the future of flight.
You will have the opportunity to work for leading global consultancy who work across a wide variety of projects with a top reputation for their design and engineering expertise. A "Total Reward", package that can be tailored to your lifestyle, career and personal needs and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Junior / Systems Engineers to work on some cutting edge aerospace systems programmes. Responsibilities include: -
- Support to the growth of the Advanced Air Mobility capability through the provision of systems engineering expertise.
- Stakeholder management across our clients and partners.
- Problem discovery, definition and presentation.
- Communicating complex concepts in a compelling and straightforward way.
- Influencing stakeholders and non-technical team members.
- Conduct technical analyses of a wide range of topics (e.g. through-life sustainability of vehicles, asset management, command and control and human factors) and make recommendations.
- Develop understanding of customers’ needs and development of appropriate solutions.
To be suitable for the Junior Systems Engineer (Advanced Air Mobility) role you will have;
- Degree or equivalent depth of experience. We welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate that their degree and experience has equipped them to be creative and a systems thinker.
- Knowledge of one or more aspect of AAM subject e.g. aircraft systems, flight operations, airspace integration, regulator frameworks and infrastructure.
- A commensurate level of experience in the following areas:
- Systems Engineering and the application of systems engineering processes (e.g. ISO15288:2015) across the system lifecycle.
- Working with complex systems and advanced system integration.
- Techniques applied in engineering to capture requirements and develop solution designs, e.g. Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Meaningful and relevant experience within an engineering organisation gained after tertiary studies.
- Willingness to acquire knowledge on how to apply AAR and systems engineering.
- Effective and creative written and oral communication skills.
- Experience and skill with the MS Office toolset.
- Ability to tailor the presentation of ideas to non-technical and senior stakeholders.
For those that want development, this role will give you the opportunity to;
- To study for NVQ Level 7 Apprenticeship (Master’s degree equivalent) in Systems Engineering.
- To work towards certification and chartership qualifications, (with INCOSE for example).
- The opportunity to work with a range of clients across the Defence, Energy, Transport, Aerospace and Security sectors.
- The opportunity to be involved in a diverse range of roles throughout your career.
Bristol, Aldershot and various other locations
Keywords: Systems engineer, Aerospace, Requirements management, Design, Integration, Acceptance, Analysis, V&V, Test, DOORS, System, Sub-system, UML, SysML, ISO15288, Modelling, MBSE, Aircraft systems, Flight operations, Airspace integration, Regulator frameworks and Infrastructure.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.