Landing Gear Engineer
|Job Title:||Landing Gear Engineer|
|Salary:||£50.85 - £50.86 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||June 02, 2021 15:42|
Our client in Bristol is looking for a Landing Gear Engineer to join their team on a contract basis.
The ideal candidate will have specific experience of avionics / software development for the braking & steering control system BSCS.
Key activities of this role will include:
· Introducing new functionality to the Braking and Steering Control System. The role will include involvement in changes to systems functionality, software changes and hardware changes, with the possibility to be involved in hydraulic equipment design. You will report progress through the Project Leader within IL, along with interfacing with the Chief Engineering Team at the relevant technical reviews.
· Ensure robust cascade of requirements and lead development of the system.
· Interface with the Systems Certification Specialist and technical signatories to ensure compliance to certification requirements and methodology.
· Ensuring adherence to budget and schedule for each activity; managing and mitigating risks/opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.
· Definition of the System development activities required within a Statement of Work (SoW) for each task, deriving planning and resource needs.
· Ensuring that the delivery of each activity meets Safety and technical needs, following the appropriate processes and procedures, demonstrating strong requirement adherence and Validation and Verification.
· Ensuring strong links with all stakeholders, including experts and specialists, Vendors, Procurement, Customer Services, FAL as required; communicating task progress and realistic commitments.
· Managing and coordinating the ATA32 system input to Design Reviews including Process Assurance.
· Proactively problem-solve issues and ensure the maturity of the product is maintained.
They are looking for the ideal candidate to demonstrate:
· Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
· A strong background in Engineering, systems and equipment design.
· Educated to a 4 year degree level in Engineering or a related discipline.
· A proven track record of task management, delivering to Time, Cost and Quality.
· Experience in stakeholder management & leading project teams.
· Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English
Duration: 6 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: aerospace, systems, ATA32, steering and braking, controls systems, avionics, software Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Design - Landing Gear
Up to £47.46 per hour
£50 - £55 per hour
Airborne Systems Integration Engineer
£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Electronics Hardware Engineer
Up to £50 per hour