Job descriptionLead Buyer: Direct Procurement
The Industrial Policy, Supply Chain and Procurement (ISP) organisation procures and manages supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business, with a total spend of approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy.
As a Lead Buyer, you will steer procurement activities in a given category, working with the Category Manager, Supply Chain Manager and other key partners to drive procurement excellence and improvement. You will support the creation and implementation of category strategy throughout the business, both nationally and internationally, with the purpose of improving operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will create tenders and negotiate terms and conditions to implement contracts and flexible trading agreements, risk identification and management, understand budget requirements, identifying and implementing opportunities for cost reduction/avoidance, receive demand plans & forecasts for processing to purchase orders and ensuring topicality of order books, implement, monitor and maintain Key Performance Indicators and actively support functional excellence programmes - identifying and developing areas for improvement.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Excellent knowledge of strategic and operational procurement processes
- Excellent team player, willing to take lead in your category
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and analytical skills with a strong ability to influence.
- Passionate about developing strategy and driving innovation with a continuous improvement approach.
- HNC/HND in Business Studies or equivalent qualification or experience, with (achieved or working towards) CIPS level 4 (not essential)
- My client offers opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), bonus scheme, comprehensive pension package, annual salary review, collaborative working environment and excellent on-site facilities.
- My clients recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Position - Lead Buyer: Direct Procurement – Permanent
Location – Stevenage & Bolton
Salary – up to £45k + Bonus + Overtime.
Keywords: Procurement, Category Strategy, Create Tenders and Negotiate Terms, Cost Reduction/avoidance, Demand Plans & Forecasts for Processing to Purchase orders.
Only apply for this role if you currently hold the specific Government Security Clearance or are eligible for Government Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a Permanent Role