Job descriptionYour experience of leading Systems Engineering and background working on developing defence systems and sub-systems, will help you to join the Network Enabled Weapon Communications Group as the Lead Systems Engineer.
As a technical leader, you will further develop the Network Enabled Weapons (NEW) capabilities, apply them on current development projects as well as concept studies, and ensure they are sustained for application to future projects.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise.
About the job:
Our client currently requires a Lead Systems Engineer to ensure that the network implementation on our product is fit for purpose and will operate coherently when integrated into the military platforms and networks. Your role will include;
- Set the strategy for, and manage, all systems engineering activities within the Network Enabled Weapons Communications Team, ensuring a cohesive and consistent specification and qualified design solution for the Link 16 communications functions on the SPEAR3 weapon system.
- Lead the system engineering activities for platform integration of the SPEAR3 weapon system in respect of the communications functional chains
- Develop a respected position in the MoD NEW policy forum as a key implementer of weapon systems with networked capability
- Manage the iSMART process for the Link 16 implementation through to integration onto the aircraft platform. This will include both technical development and documentation, as well as relevant stakeholder management
- Own the post-launch data link interface definition
- Support the development / specification of Network Enabled Weapon variants and integration of them onto military platforms in respect of a Link 16 system implementation
- Build a wider technical capability in the communications team, including interoperability management, through the development of less experienced engineers
As a Lead Systems Engineer your skills will ideally include:
- Commitment to further develop a sustainable capability in Network Enabled Weapon Communications
- Development of technical knowledge and system understanding to ensure our products are successful
- High level of passion for NEWs and associated communication technologies.
- Ability to inspire people in your team and in other projects, as well as external stakeholders, to the positive benefit of the project.
- Need to gain the trust and confidence of everyone involved in the project
Lead Systems Engineer
£48,000 - £60,000
Keywords: Defence, Systems, Sub-system, RF, Network Enabled Weapon Communications, Engineering Lead, Concept, Weapons systems, air defence, system design, integration, testing, qualification,
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.