Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical
|Job Title:||Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical|
|Contact Name:||Neil Tovey|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2018 16:31|
You will be working for a global leader in state of the art aerospace and defence systems. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant environment.
Read on for specifics on the job. To apply click the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page.
About the Role:
The client requires two Electrical Manufacturing Engineers to drive process improvement initiatives. This job will involve:
· Produce and maintain electro-mechanical assembly build documentation, procedures, and work instructions. Review electrical assembly drawings and prepare electronic and electrical Bills of Material (BoMs)
· Provides process advice and input where needed to internal and external customers such as Engineering, Production and Supply Chain
· Develops new technology and processes
· Establishes supply chain capabilities, identifies areas of risk or potential improvement. Assists with new supplier assessments/qualification
· Through the PFMEA process, identify internal and external risks and implement risk reduction activities
· Review current internal processes and apply lean manufacturing techniques / continuous improvement as a means to eliminate waste
· Supports the development needs of the manufacturing engineering team to ensure team capability and flexibility meet the departmental and business needs
To be suitable for the Electrical Manufacturing Engineer job, you will need Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques and will need to be proficient in electro-mechanical assembly, hand, semi-automatic and fully automated PCB assembly (SMT & through board) and electrical test (AOI & ICT). The position needs someone who is familiar with IPC 7711/7721, IPC A-610, IPC J-STD-001 & IPC WHMA-A-620 and has a good understanding of the implications and prevention of Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) and Electro-static Over-stress (EOS). Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques is needed as is experience in an aerospace environment.
Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
Keywords: Manufacturing, Electrical, Aerospace, Manufacturing techniques, Continuous improvements, Lean, Root cause, Corrective action, Process, Quality, PFMEA, Engineer, PCB assembly, PC 7711/7721, IPC A-610, IPC J-STD-001, IPC WHMA-A-620.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a permanent position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£27000 - £31000 per annum
Up to £30000 per annum
Power Systems Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
Production Engineer (Planner)
£32000 - £42000 per annum