Maritime Solution Architect
|Job Title:||Maritime Solution Architect|
|Salary:||Up to £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kathrine Gorman|
|Job Published:||September 06, 2021 12:59|
A new position has become available in the Defence Science and Technology space. My client is looking for a Solution Architect who will lead in the further development and execution of their strategy in relation to maritime Information Advantage. By supporting the defence sector in increasing their digital capabilities, you will be a technical leader in supporting an incremental development of new capabilities which exploit digital innovation and the exponential growth in data.
- Strategy: Set the technical/capability/solution strategy across maritime Information Advantage, leading in definition and realisation of objectives set out in the Integrated Strategic Business Plan (5-year business plan).
- Strategic Relationships: Build and retain strong relationships with customers, partners, and colleagues across all levels, both business and technical.
- Leadership: Lead a team of technical SME's and engineers from across the company across Information Advantage proposition development and strategic captures.
- Proposition Development: Forming a virtual network of maritime Information Advantage experts, working with them to develop the solution and service propositions (including identifying synergies between them across customers and geographies).
- Customer Engagement: Engages at senior level acting as the key interface in shaping customer requirements and priorities, then applying capabilities to fulfil them.
- Business Development: Oversees design of solutions which drive development of business with new types of solutions and with new customers.
- Capability Development: Works with the Capability Area Leaders to identify the capabilities required to deliver maritime Information Advantage propositions. This includes how new capabilities can be applied, as well as identifying and on-boarding partners.
- Thought Leadership: Leads on development of white papers and other thought leadership material, presenting papers to senior audiences and conferences.
- Technical Assurance: Ensures that all deliverables (which includes bids) meet appropriate technical standards, comply with statutory, regulatory, company and project specific processes and procedures, as appropriate.
- Proven experience operating in a Solution Architect/Technical Leader role, at a senior level, influencing and delivering key propositions to customers. This ranges across not only larger projects (£10M+) but also those which are smaller yet strategically important.
- Specific prior experience in maritime warfare related digital technologies in the above and below water battlespace are essential - experience in the RN as a Weapon Engineer Submariner is desirable but not essential.
- Depth of skills and experience across Information Architecture; able to apply this to the benefit of forces operating in the maritime domain, defining how data should be governed, managed, and exploited to deliver decisive advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding across application of Digital and Data focused technology, including Cloud, Analytics, Internet of Things (IOT) and Artificial Intelligence
Strong commercial awareness with good knowledge of how propositions contribute to the business.
- Experienced in selling propositions, including producing high quality bid response material and proposals, as well as leading workshops and presenting to all levels of the customer as required.
An ability to lead diverse technical teams, providing clear direction to ensure alignment and effective collaboration.
- An ability to identify and articulate the unique selling points of our clients' propositions alongside a clear value proposition, ensuring they are differentiated from those of competitors.
The desire to "get stuff done": work through blockers, help the teamwork through issues and ensure that support is directed to the people who need it (i.e., be able to quickly understand issues and identify the high-risk areas and work to mitigate).
- Evidence of building repeatable customer solutions/services that deliver profitable growth.
Position - Solution Architect - Some homeworking.
Location - (Base location can be flexible) Farnborough - Portsmouth - Malvern
Salary - 80k
Key Words - Solution Architect - Technical Leader - Maritime Warfare related digital technologies - above and below water battleship - Cloud - Analytics - Internet of Things (IOT) - and Artificial Intelligence
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Apply for this role if you are looking to join a unique working environment, with teams from different backgrounds, disciplines, and experience. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when our client shares different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in a diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential.
This is a permanent role.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.