Job descriptionYour experience of systems engineering and understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) will help you to join a small team, supporting the implementation of End to End Model Based Engineering. As an MBSE Transformation Engineer, you will look to extend MBSE to the full domain of the Modelling activities so to use digital artefacts as a technical means of communication across a diverse set of partners.
You will have the opportunity to work for a leading multi-national Defence systems provider which boasts some of most advanced facilities in their areas of expertise. A corporate benefits package and transparent career development opportunities are on offer within this vibrant Engineering environment.
About the job:
Our client currently requires an MBSE Transformation Engineer to responsible for scoping and delivering MBSE transformation packages, and supporting packages responsible for implementing the company’s ambitions to integrate modelling across engineering. The role will include;
- Lead MBSE packages such as ontology, viewpoints, MBSE Tools, Reference Architectures, and Design Domains.
- Contribute to E2E MBE packages such as Systems Analysis, Speciality Engineering, SW model Driven Design, MCAD, ECAD, Model Based User Requirements, Product Line Engineering, Data Continuity and Enterprise Architecture.
- Understand methods, approaches, tools and repository designs to make MBSE guidance accessible and digestible for the engineering population, through use of e.g. SPEM and IBM ELO Methods Composer.
- Ability to understand and implement MBSE (Model Based Systems Engineering) concepts into practising projects.
- Delivering SE&DC core activities such as providing education, training and consultancy style support to both key national and international project and business areas.
As an MBSE Transformation Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Recent delivery experience on a project that implements MBSE is highly desirable.
- Understanding of state of the art Systems Engineering methods and their application in the systems engineering domain i.e. experience of lifecycle issues from concept to disposal on major projects.
- Systems Engineer with up to date knowledge and experience of issues in relevant specialist area(s) e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis.
- Holistic Systems professional with experience of: architecting in complex environments; engaging with complex partners to elicit and trade needs to deliver value; architecting at different levels of abstraction.
- Ideally with an appropriate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
MBSE Transformation Engineer
Up to £38,000 - £48,000
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Lifecycle, V-lifecycle, Design, Requirements, Architect, MBSE, Systems Design, Model Based Systems Engineer.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, to SC level.
This is a permanent position.