Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||Bolton, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £34 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Lauren Byrne|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2021 14:00|
Overview of department:
An opportunity to become part of Europe's No. 1 Missile Systems Designer, as a Mechanical Design Engineer. You will work closely with other functional teams, to develop product concepts to meet our customer's needs. Within this role you will have the opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research of novel mechanical technologies to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
* Carry out Mechanical Design and proving activities for manufacturing assembly tooling and fixtures to develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
* Support to functional & environmental trials.
* Liaise with suppliers/purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise.
* Planning and reporting on own day-to-day activities to meet project milestones.
* Gain clarification of and help to generate requirements.
* Challenge extraneous requirements accordingly to reduce UPC and design complexity
* Experience of Creo 3D design tool an advantage.
* Knowledge of several of the following:
* Manufacturing processes
* Tolerance studies
* Environmental test
* Mass property calculations
* Material selection
* Design for Manufacture/Assembly
* Environmental Gasket Sealing
* Tooling/fixtures design
* Structural design
* Defence Standards
* Review processes
* Product Lifecycles
* Industrial validation
* Design of PCB enclosures
* An ability to work as part of a multifunctional engineering team and be able to partake in or host design reviews.
* An appreciation of other engineering areas/domains.
Duration: 6 months
Please Note: Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords: mechanical design, defence, SC cleared, Creo, 3D creo, PCB enclosures, defence standards
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Systems Design Engineer
Up to £38000.00 per annum
C2 Systems Design Engineer (Maritime)
£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Principal Engineer - Design and Verification
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Systems Design Task Package Manager
£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum