Our client in Filton is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to them for a 6 month contract. You must have previous landing gear experience to be eligible for this role.
You will be working with other ATA32 Engineers, Level 1 signatories and Landing Gear vendors to ensure the development of technical solutions integrated with ATA32 and other Aircraft ATA chapters.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- ATA32 gears mechanical design activities to meet the necessary Safety, Time/Cost/Quality standards. Delivering in line with commitments, and reporting progress.
- Ensuring the robust adherence to system processes and leading the development of the system to meet the product needs.
- Proactively problem-solve issues and to maintain or improve the maturity of the product.
- Interfacing with the Systems Design Certification Specialist DCS and technical signatories to ensure compliance to certification requirements and methodology.
- Supporting adherence to budget and schedule for each activity, managing and mitigating risks/opportunities and communicating in a timely manner.
We are looking for the ideal candidate to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- A strong background in Engineering, systems and equipment design.
- Educated to degree level in Engineering or a related discipline.
- A proven track record of task management, delivering to Time, Cost and Quality.
- Experience in stakeholder management & leading project teams.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English.
Duration: 6 months
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: mechanical design, landing gear, ATA32, aerospace Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.