Job descriptionOur client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
Please note, candidates must already hold or be eligible to obtain SC clearance to be considered for this role.
You will deliver of a wide variety of projects, ranging from niche consultancy to large, high-profile programmes. Whether it's the challenge of aircraft electrification or designing critical equipment to support the UK's Continuous at Sea Deterrent, you can take pride in the impact your contribution will make on advancing our world.
- Create optimal design solutions to address client requirements.
- Produce substantiation calculations to demonstrate designs will perform as required.
- Author and update technical documents.
- Manage your delivery against Time, Cost and Quality requirements.
- Support the internal QA process through review or checking colleagues’ work.
- Present your work to the client at formal reviews.
- Work within project teams, these may include placements at clients’ sites.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Chartership with a relevant engineering institution or be progressing this.
- Sound understanding of mechanical engineering principles and their application to varied projects and domains.
- Experience in producing design calculations (preferably using MathCad).
- Creativity and experience across the design lifecycle including undertaking requirements capture, concept generation, development and down selection.
- Familiarity with working to design codes and industry standards appropriate for a safety critical industry.
- Experience in the production of design documentation, including optioneering reports, specifications and requirements capture documents.
- Computer aided design experience.
- Experience of participating and presenting material at formal design reviews.
- Experience in the design of high integrity mechanical handling equipment and operation in a safety critical environment.
- Finite Element Analysis (ABAQUS, LS-DYNA or similar).
- Experience of testing/commissioning equipment into service.
- Experience working in the nuclear or other safety critical industry.
Location: Bristol or Glasgow
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet these criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Keywords: mechanical design, defence, aerospace, nuclear, safety critical, mechanical handling equipment